Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Neo-Nazis Should Not Have The Right To Rally"

Here is the basic model of HuffPro sociopolitical theory:

A) We must ban the racists.

B) Everybody I dislike is a racist.

Result: Utopia! And all it took were a few "Except for" clauses in the Bill of Rights.

IL: I would really be shocked if UL's classmates would be against free assembly. I don't see that in the students that I teach. The right to assembly is a basic right and without it our freedoms start to implode. OUr university refused to expel or fire from his uni job the student that became infamous for protesting at the rally. Some people think he violated the uni code of conduct but we can't demand that people think/act in the way we want them too. I think a lot of racism was underground but now Trump has made it acceptable to come out of the racist closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    IL: I would really be shocked if UL's classmates would be against free assembly. I don't see that in the students that I teach. The right to assembly is a basic right and without it our freedoms start to implode. OUr university refused to expel or fire from his uni job the student that became infamous for protesting at the rally. Some people think he violated the uni code of conduct but we can't demand that people think/act in the way we want them too. I think a lot of racism was underground but now Trump has made it acceptable to come out of the racist closet.
    Who is HuffPo's audience, then?

Is HuffPo out there in Alt-left crazy land?

On the other note, it is really a good thing that your university used as an object lesson the protesting student. I assume he was siding with the Nazis or it wouldnt have been much of a lesson.

Yes and it went viral because of the hate on his face, holding a torch and screaming. It was all over social media and people recognized him. It has been all over the national news, etc. His life has been threatened he has said. The uni told him to let them know about the threats so they can investigate but so far he has not so I wonder if they are real. While I certainly hate what he did and our uni is very liberal and in general a supporter of democrats they absolutely did the right thing.

Yes and it went viral because of the hate on his face, holding a torch and screaming. It was all over social media and people recognized him. It has been all over the national news, etc. His life has been threatened he has said. The uni told him to let them know about the threats so they can investigate but so far he has not so I wonder if they are real. While I certainly hate what he did and our uni is very liberal and in general a supporter of democrats they absolutely did the right thing.
    I understand there is a campaign underway whereby people who think they recognize someone from the pictures of the events are posting names, employers, etc. so they can be appropriately excoriated, fired from jobs, etc.

What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I think the end-state of that involves free helicopter rides.

People need to think about that before going to one of these events. If you are proud of being a white supremacist then you must be willing to face any of the consequences.

Williamsmith
    People need to think about that before going to one of these events. If you are proud of being a white supremacist then you must be willing to face any of the consequences.
    I think the point is....it's not like the reporters are using facial recognition software or employers will be hiring investigative teams to vet mistaken identities. I can see the commercial now....."If you have been falsely accused of attending a KKK or White Supremicist rally and lost your job, you may entitled to back wages, damages and civil judgements. You dont pay a fee unless we get money for you!" Dewey, Cheatem and Howe, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I understand there is a campaign underway whereby people who think they recognize someone from the pictures of the events are posting names, employers, etc. so they can be appropriately excoriated, fired from jobs, etc.

Not that I condone doxxing but they shouldn't be surprised that it's happening to them now since they've been doxxing people on the left for years now.

Thread Information