Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Travel Eclipse Weekend

Traffic was a breeze. But I will say that the highway patrol is already out in force and the major towns along the eclipse path have those temporary flashing signs out letting everybody know hey there's going to be an eclipse on Monday and they'll be lots of traffic. I'll be on a 300-acre farm and only three of us in 100% totality unless it's cloudy. I really just came up for the lake party and the fish fry. Gas prices were starting to go up especially around Columbia I think that was the highest I saw it at 2.24 but I can get it for $0.03 cheaper here than I did at home this morning so I will fill up today instead of waiting till Tuesday.

I do wonder if many people are going to be left with retinal damage. It would be hard for me to trust any kind of glasses that were sold. I hope everyone is very careful with her eyes.

I have the glasses. I will be at work during the peak in our area. I could just walk outside, but I will chose to take the trash out for my guilt free viewing pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    I do wonder if many people are going to be left with retinal damage. It would be hard for me to trust any kind of glasses that were sold. I hope everyone is very careful with her eyes.
    I have been thinking the same thing. I am thinking that all this eclipse hoopla, sort of like a Woodstock, is going to result in many impaired people looking at the sun. I wish there was more emphasis in the media of the danger to the eyes.

I do have burn holes in my retinas and macular degeration. I'm more interested in the shadows so don't plan on any direct viewing thru glasses. Too risky. I will make several calls tomorrow to remind the boys to not be stupid.
    People started arriving in town today. Restaurants were busy. There are signs around town offering free space to park to view. Gasprice holding steady.

Well...it was a bust here. Traffic headed south this morning as the clouds rolled in. Couldn't see it at all. The darkness was cool...along with rain, thunder, lightning.

We had no traffic other than the usual construction on the way to TN. We viewed at the hotel so no traffic to get to the site. On the the was home today again no traffic. Lucked out drove at correct time I think.

Gas $2.55 MI, $2.02 TN

Thread Information