Sort of a vent and sort of a question. Today is garbage day when both garbage and recyclables are picked up by contractors hired by the municipality. There is direction in municipal info that recyclables should be rinsed. That is my routine.

A new neighbour, delightful couple, put out their recyclables but don't push the styrofoam etc., to make sure that the breeze
doesn't send it all flying. It was problem with another neighbour as well and I mentioned to them that the really strong winds had sent their box flying on the street spilling the contents across yards. They have been a little more careful. In both cases, when I go out, I simply pick up and reposition as much as possible to prevent further loss. Another neighbour does this clean-up as well.

However, in today's episode, with the new neighbour, I was gathering up the 3 styrofoam containers used for "doggy bags" at restaurants that had blown out and found different food debris on them spilling on the street. Also the glass containers were uncleaned etc. Ick!

We already have a problem with crows and coons raiding the garbage left out the night before.

Do you clean your recyclables before disposal? What would you do?