Thread: Pop up sale today

Pop up sale today

So in about two hours I'm taking my loaded car to a local store and setting up a friend's tent in their parking lot. I'll be selling my pottery and a little bit of his welding. Could go very well, could be a long, boring day - I'm going to the a few planning materials for class in case of situation B.

i have no idea how many other vendors there will be. The store is having an anniversary celebration and pet adoption event, so I am taking a few cat related pieces (I didn't have enough notice to get hat I would have needed to add dog stuff)

i wanted to to do four sales in 2017, and this will put me at two. There's a winter holiday one I have been doing regularly, so I just need to look for one more.
    Last edited by Chicken lady; 8-19-17 at 9:39am.

Good luck for the day!
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Yes, good luck! Enjoy the chance to just sit--doesn't seem like you do that much!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I am so glad for you to be meeting your sale goals--this is very inspiring for me and darn it, I am going to get to work on making and meeting my goals. Cause if you can do it, with all you have going on, I can, too.

FYI, if you do the same type of dog ones on a regular basis, could you take pictures of them and have a picture/order book with you in the future? I've seen a lot of woodworking artists do that (with the disclaimer that wood will vary).

Well, I should have packed it in at 2, because after 2 I had no more sales and ended up babysitting for two little girls whose mother was busy with the dog rescue organization. Too busy to pay any attention to where her 4 y.o. And 6 y.o. had wandered off to, and too busy to be bothered when the 6 y.o. cut her foot. And happy to let them make the rounds of the vendors giving out free cookies and lollipops as often as they could pull it off. And indifferent to the fact that they were fighting over dishes in my booth. So I read them books and we made up stories as we rearranged all the little clay hippopotamuses in my booth and I didn't kidnap them and I hope it was just a bad (parenting) day. And no, the mom did not say "thank you."

i got two names added to my mailing list - which now has two names, lol! And I netted $48. Which would have been ok had I quit at 2.

but I went. I tried it, and I doubt will do it again. I think the venue and audience were probably not he best for me.
    Last edited by Chicken lady; 8-20-17 at 8:23am.

Also, sitting is not something I am good at. I took a chair, but my feet are sore from standing and walking in a gravel parking lot.

I am sorry that it didn't turn out well but you did give it a try and made discoveries which are important. It is always hard to know what to do without trying it out once.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Oh sorry, inhave wanted to do craft sales but not sure i would do more than clear out some of my projects

It was ok. I'm glad I did it. I have to get out there and try. And I learned some things - for example, I have a style of bowl that I really like. I made twelve of them and glazed them in a variety of colors that I like. I have learned that I usually sell one or two a sale even in very different settings, so I should always bring a few, and that most of them should be green, because I have now sold all 4 green ones. Meanwhile, there are two colors I won't make again, because I still have both bowls I made in each of those colors - despite running out of green. I should also make a couple more brown bowls, because I sold both of those, but basically, many people like green.

i also had 4 parents bemoan the fact that there is nowhere in my community for their kids to take art lessons. 4 out of the amount of traffic we had is a pretty high number. So now I'm tossing around the idea of doing summer art classes next year. Or the year after. I should finish my house first.

meanwhile, if I do the Christmas sale and find one more - I will have met a goal!

Thread Information