Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Maudie

I founds it depressing in how poorly she was treated. And, at the end... won't spoil it for others..... I felt sad quite a while afterwards. DH felt the same. Definitely was not a feel good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I founds it depressing in how poorly she was treated. And, at the end... won't spoil it for others..... I felt sad quite a while afterwards. DH felt the same. Definitely was not a feel good movie.
    You did not see the element of uplift in there at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    You did not see the element of uplift in there at all?
    I got it but it still was sad.

I'll add that to my list.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I saw the trailer for this in the movie theater and unfortunately, cant see how my extreme dislike for Sally Hawkins could be overcome. But I am glad that you all enjoyed it.

Hawkins was the heroine in the worst adaptation of a Jane Austen work I have ever seen. And then there was a flm where she played someone preternaturally happy. i think the film was called Happy or Happy Happy. It was also unwatchable.
    Sally Hawkins stars in s new film The Shape of Water which has every element I like, and it is a Guillermo Del Toro film. So, I will have to see it. It is a romantic film about a humanoid monster, a sci fi film.

Here is hoping she does not completely ruin this film for me.

I'd like to see Maudie...

But also, I just learned that Hugh Jackman is playing P.T. Barnum in a movie out this Christmas. I'd love to see that. I might even go to the movies to see it--haven't been in a movie theatre in ages. But Hugh Jackman playing P.T. Barnum? Awesome. Plus, P.T. Barnum founded the hospital I was born in, so I feel a bit of kinship with him.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information