Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A very deep sense of outrage.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

A very deep sense of outrage.....

I've just been on the phone with various neighbors of mine and from what I am gathering so far, there is a very deep (I mean Grand Canyon deep) sense of outrage and anger over the Arpaio pardon. I've never seen these particular neighbors in the 85006 so outraged....I will go and make my rounds now around the barrio but so far the barometer is reading unforgivable and major line crossed that can't be uncrossed. Not good. At least this means protests are coming and this time I have no choice but to participate. Ay carumba, what was the reason again that enough Americans voted for this (expletive) so that he won the election? To use a line of Sarah Palin's: How's that working out for ya? Sorry, couldn't resist.......Rob

I'm outraged as well, as are most of the people here in the 98245 I talked to this evening.

However, what form will your "protests" take? What is your goal?

Here, we're mostly writing letters, making phone calls, funding candidates, grooming new candidates, signing up voters, sending money to the ACLU, and that sort of stuff. I'm suspecting there won't be many gatherings on the village green.

I think it will take a variety of actions, and idon't remind myself how many years it took to stop wars or make changes. This is the long haul, so i have been more in the letter, petition, phone call range. But i feel the need to get out. I can see the value of joining together and feeling you are not alone

As well as all the actions previously mentioned here, the more extroverted among us can run for office or volunteer for positions in our community where we can make a difference.

I'm outraged that that poisonous old coot was pardoned, too--he should have been locked away for a good long time, dressed in pink skivvies and fed vegan loaf while forced to listen to mariachi music on a loop. Rats gnawing on his entrails would have been too good for him.

Your outraged at the old sheriffs pardon, but I don't remember much outrage at Obamas pardons.

There are too many to list for Obama. This is Trumps first.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Your outraged at the old sheriffs pardon, but I don't remember much outrage at Obamas pardons.

There are too many to list for Obama. This is Trumps first.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_Barack_Obama

Obama certainly didn't come swinging out-of-the-gate with a clear pie-in-your-face pardon meant to send a political statement.

Not even close to the same! I read over the summary of Obama's pardons too.

Obama pardoned drug dealers, terrorist, and a traitor, to name a few. Was the sheriff charged with a felony? Was he really looking at any jail time.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Obama pardoned drug dealers, terrorist, and a traitor, to name a few. Was the sheriff charged with a felony? Was he really looking at any jail time.
    Arpaio is a nationally divisive political figure, who has been engaged in a long campaign of actions that fit right into Trump's law-and-order/build-a-wall/Mexican-rapists narrative.

The Sheriff's actions that led to his current troubles strike at the very heart of our system of government. He violated a court order related to civil rights, then was found in criminal contempt in Federal court for doing so.

Pardoning him sends the clear message that our elected officials can step on our civil rights without consequence if their actions have the approval of the President, and that our courts have no power to remedy the situation.

So, rule of law, over. Act accordingly :-)

Looks like he was looking at a misdemeanor offense. And was probably going to appeal the case.

Thread Information