Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Trump's visit very stressful.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    You expressed regret at the social disapproval from your fellow 85006ers for not attending the required protests, and now that disapproval apparently doesn't apply to politicians. It is hard to follow a paradox.
    You don't see an obvious glaring difference between the protestors of the 85006 (and elsewhere, too, to be fair) and elected officials? OK then, let me respectfully spell it out for you.

The protestors of the 85006 are protesting against conditions and a society in general that do not work for them - issues that to some degree elected officials are responsible for continuing/maintaining. There is a huge obvious difference here that I personally could see from the other side of the planet - it's that loud and obvious. Regardless, there's an explanation for you. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Regardless, there's an explanation for you. Rob
    Thank you. It doesn't address the point but it is indeed an explanation. Thanks for that.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Thank you. It doesn't address the point but it is indeed an explanation. Thanks for that.
    ? I believe I addressed your point quite well, Alan, but at this point why don't we agree to disagree and let it go? I am of the opinion such is for the best. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I was afraid ... that martial law might get declared with resulting complete and total disrespect for human life and the resulting deaths such governmental overreach brings about with it.
    "Martial law" is a monster-under-the-bed used to frighten small children and yank the chains of conspiracy theorists and flat-earthers. Effective civic participation requires fact-based reasoning, not fear-mongering.

I recommend Rehnquist's nice little book to folks frequently: