Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radical acceptance of self

Radical acceptance of self

Here is my next step in supporting my health. After processing a lot of the last couple weeks, realizing i am walking on eggshells a lot of the time, and then sleeping on it i am going with radical sel accceptance of my artsy self. Really there is no other way to go forward. I could puT my nose down and just keep micromanaging to avoid doing something wrong. Or maybe by really lovong myself i can build things up. Meanwhile the world really has sh** stacked against us. So being perfectly organized won't prevent all of this.

I am also a little concerned that the stress of the last couple weeks has me in a hypo manic state. I am going to call dr, i don't have a regular counselor. I just don't know when i am in it. I am not spending money or quitting my job so it is managed.

ZG, what would you advise someone going through all of this? S**t happens. One cannot control that or prevent that from happening. Is the artsy or the perfectionist that is being challenged?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

For my own kids i would remind them to get outside and do art every week. Don't let the illusion of getting it all perfect drive you to not have a full life. I have let the illusion of getting work just right increase my stress to a breaking point.

Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    Don't let the illusion of getting it all perfect drive you to not have a full life. I have let the illusion of getting work just right increase my stress to a breaking point.

Does that make sense?
    OMG, Zoe, you have just described me to a t at work. Wow. I have to take this in and process it.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    OMG, Zoe, you have just described me to a t at work. Wow. I have to take this in and process it.
    Thank you.
    Ditto!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I always felt that time at work was time lost, not really my own--even when I had ample time to read, while working off shifts. I had a sign at my desk that said "Arbeit Macht Frei." And finally, it did. I hope you find some solution to your mismatch.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I had a sign at my desk that said "Arbeit Macht Frei."
    Wow. That would definitely put one off the idea of work. I prefer Kahlil Gibran: Work is love made visible. But, yes, in most cases in a wage slave economy, there's no love in the work there. No freedom either, until you make it work for you, as you did, Jane. Good for you!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

I don't think most people can craft a workplace for themselves that enables them to "make love visible." Economic concerns, and all...
    Making love visible seems achievable on a personal level--taking care of a loved one, showing concern for strangers, that kind of thing.
    Kudos to anyone who can pull that off while sorting widgets or stocking shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I don't think most people can craft a workplace for themselves that enables them to "make love visible." Economic concerns, and all...
    Making love visible seems achievable on a personal level--taking care of a loved one, showing concern for strangers, that kind of thing.
    Kudos to anyone who can pull that off while sorting widgets or stocking shelves.
    Agreed.

I worked for one company where the principal really cared about her employees. Gave a free ticket home to one employee whose father was dying in the UK, and ordered a helicopter to transport another employee to a better hospital when a strange illness befell him. I really felt "family" in her workplace. Ironically, she left disgraced.

Kahlil Gibran: Work is love made visible.
    then I hate love.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information