Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Government Shutdown

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    The last shutdown was under Obama and the two before that were under Clinton.
    I was attempting not to point fingers. This was the Obama shutdown. We've had several other goverment shutdowns that impacted this project though, as State participation is required, and our wonderful State government sometimes has such budget fights that they also shut down. (Thus my use of the plural "shutdowns").

The State generally participates for 5% of the sort of transportation/aviation project I describe above. I'd say about 1/2 the time we end up eating the 5% ourselves, as the State will be out-to-lunch when it's time for them to sign on the dotted line. (These aren't special magic discretionary funds we are asking for, they are funds that are mandated return of aviation/transportation tax dollars to the district, and they simply have to press the button, something which seems to be quite difficult...)

I do have savings that could be drawn on if Social Security is halted for any length of time. I normally have a pretty deep pantry which could last a couple of months. I get a 90 day supply of my prescription med at a time. I think I will get $1000 in cash out of my next SS check just for my own peace of mind.
    Thank you so much for the well wishes for Harvey's visit. At this time, we are having moderate rain squalls and it is rather breezy but nothing serious in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Good lord.
    He'll be unaffected.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    He'll be unaffected.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    We wouldn't know what that meant if it weren't for federal grants to Miskatonic University.

We wouldn't know what that meant if it weren't for federal grants to Miskatonic University.
    Unless we read about it in the Necronomicon.

Cthulu translate. The old world version of Google translate.

Thread Information