Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBT rights in the USA today...

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Whataboutism.
    I will admit that I find what aboutism to be a dull argumentative tactic and so I often don’t bother with rejoinders because like I said, it’s boring. But David Dorn was at the top of my mind because we had out-of-state guests here this week and we talked about him.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 11-23-22 at 10:52am.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I may be a bit behind on my daily outrage consumption, can you tell me what Republican politicians have said to cause the latest 'crazy guy with a gun' event?
    Ok groomer.

Our vigil, winding down.

And now Mx Aldrich is reported to be non-binary, which would seem to potentially put some commentors in a quandary. Can we accept that as a fact that only mean-spirited Republicans and other bigots would dare refute or will we need to re-evaluate his/their motive and influences? As for me, I'm sticking with 'he's crazy'.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Something happened in this area recently that stunned me. Now I am out at work but also very low key. I do not take LGBT activism (or police activism, either) into the workplace. I just don't.

I was stunned the other day when the GM non-chalantly asked me if I'd be bringing my husband (yes, he did say husband) to the off site no alcohol holiday gathering. This one question really showed me how much LGBT rights have advanced in this country, regardless of what happened in Colorado Springs. And yes we will be attending - but very low key. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    And now Mx Aldrich is reported to be non-binary, which would seem to potentially put some commentors in a quandary. Can we accept that as a fact that only mean-spirited Republicans and other bigots would dare refute or will we need to re-evaluate his/their motive and influences? As for me, I'm sticking with 'he's crazy'.
    He does seem to have a fairly standard crazy guy biography. But I donít suppose thatís a barrier to attributing his actions to vile emanations from deplorable rhetoric. Itís one of those unfalsifiable propositions we so often see in the culture wars.

Mx Aldrich’s motivations:

1. Mx adopts non binary identity on the advice of his attorneys to lessen the hate crime element of his dastardly act

or

2. Mx adopts non binary persona some time ago, hates himself for it, wants to shoot up his influencers

or

3. Mx happily adopts non binary persona some time ago ( months? Years?) and having been to this club several times, knows the layout and it is just a familiar place for him to act out

or

4.Mx be crazy

pick one, or name others if not on this list

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Something happened in this area recently that stunned me. Now I am out at work but also very low key. I do not take LGBT activism (or police activism, either) into the workplace. I just don't.

I was stunned the other day when the GM non-chalantly asked me if I'd be bringing my husband (yes, he did say husband) to the off site no alcohol holiday gathering. This one question really showed me how much LGBT rights have advanced in this country, regardless of what happened in Colorado Springs. And yes we will be attending - but very low key. Rob
    That is nice, Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Ok groomer.
    Mildly funny play on words. I will give you a B-.

#1 was my first take on it, but time will tell. Very few of these monsters are what I would call crazy. He could very well be a self-hating non-binary person stirred by all the hateful rhetoric we stew in.

The pace of positive change can be discouraging, Rob, but yes, we've come a long way in my lifetime.

Thread Information