Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBT rights in the USA today...

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    And i’m not surprised that you don’t understand.
    Me neither. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    And i’m not surprised that you don’t understand.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Me neither. Rob

The only not surprise I see is your assumption of facts not in evidence.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

JP, what a interesting story and so glad it worked out for her. Stories like that are why the administrations stance is so wrong

An interesting read might be Fausto-Sterling's:

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    I personally know two men who transitioned to women. Several lesbian and gay couples. Probably more I have no idea they are not in a monogamous heterosexual relationship. For the life of me I cannot understand why anyone feels they have a right to judge, criticize, interfere in the lives Of grownups who are not hurting anyone Two men who live in my son’s neighborhood are raising three adopted boys and you won’t find two more dedicated and involved parents. The kids are thriving in school, with friends and in life.

All of them worked hard hard their whole lives, are nice individuals, and have no idea of trying to convert anyone. Basically good human beings.

Hate is carefully taught and obviously some people are afraid, just plain mean, or ignorant. Or just plain hateful. Get over yourself. Homosexuality and cross dressing, so called effeminate behavior in men and masculine behavior in women or whatever has been going on since Moby Dick was a minnow. Maybe they just feel threatened by their own lack of masculinity or femininity.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    As does my grandson with Klinefelter Syndrome, or 47,XXY. He is sterile, does not produce testosterone as a typical male should and has a micro-penis and slightly enlarged breasts but he is definitely a boy. Interestingly enough, some medical researchers believe that George Washington was also a 47 XXY as he had all the physical characteristics (history is thankfully ignorant on the micro-penis part) and had no known offspring, although there is no question that he was also a male.
    this must be heartbreaking as there are so many mean people in this world, even as he brings your family great joy. Dealing with this makes me surprised in your posts here. You may be the greatest dad, husband and gramps, but your empathy often doesn’t show. Surely your family has benefitted from some help from social programs the republicans so much want to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    this must be heartbreaking as there are so many mean people in this world, even as he brings your family great joy. Dealing with this makes me surprised in your posts here. You may be the greatest dad, husband and gramps, but your empathy often doesn’t show. Surely your family has benefitted from some help from social programs the republicans so much want to stop.
    The Klinefelter Syndrome is such a minor part of who he is we barely notice it. The heartbreaking part is his other chromosomal disorder, Trisomy 9 Mosaic.

As for social programs, the only beneficial program to date (he's currently 21 years old) has been a state program which allowed him to stay in school until the age of 21 where his social skills were greatly enhanced. There are Federal programs which mainly seem designed to relieve the family from responsibility for his care although there's not a single person in his extended family willing to go that route. He continues to live at home and spends a day or two here each week as well as another day or two with his other grandparents which ensures that he has continuous care by people who love him.

I think that your (and several others) comment(s) about my empathy are unfounded, unless your definition of empathy requires an abandonment of personal responsibility. I believe government interference is a poor substitute for a loving family.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Alan, vocational rehabilitation is a federal program administered by the states. Look into it. They help people with disabilities obtain employment congruent with their disability. They provide job coaching that fades out and natural supports in the work place. There also are sheltered workshops depending on the persons capabilities. It changes life’s no matter where the person lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Alan, vocational rehabilitation is a federal program administered by the states. Look into it. They help people with disabilities obtain employment congruent with their disability. They provide job coaching that fades out and natural supports in the work place. There also are sheltered workshops depending on the persons capabilities. It changes life’s no matter where the person lives.
    We are all well aware of those programs, some of which were part of his extended educational program which ended last year. Working, beyond basic personal maintenance, just doesn't seem to be something he's capable of doing.

Sheltered workshops are places that people with severe disabilities find very rewarding.

Thread Information