Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBT rights in the USA today...

It's entirely possible to imagine a situation in which the shooter falls into multiple categories *at the same time*:

1) is non-binary
    2) is crazy
    3) was radicalized by the growing anti-LGBTQ rhetoric of our political leaders spilling into the real world

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    It's entirely possible to imagine a situation in which the shooter falls into multiple categories *at the same time*:

1) is non-binary
    2) is crazy
    3) was radicalized by the growing anti-LGBTQ rhetoric of our political leaders spilling into the real world
    Yes, I accept that more than one could be true at the same time.Certainly there are seemingly disparate elements that can be woven into the narrative of your ( the generic you) choice, using imagination and hope.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post

1) is non-binary
    2) is crazy
    Is it still gaslighting to imagine only a few of those categories?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Is it still gaslighting to imagine only a few of those categories?
    Come now...

For myself, I have enough trouble discerning the motivations of (superficially) sane minds, much less confidently explaining how insane minds are programmed by the angertainment industry.

For instance, there are FBI agents walking the halls of my kid’s high school this morning. A shortened day was further shortened by a bomb threat. The feds are involved because the threat was traced to somewhere in Canada. I could see this, along with the Pelosi attack, as clear evidence of a pattern of Canadian violence. Or I could just wait for further details. I find it takes less effort to wait for details to emerge than try to build onto a pre-existing narrative with mismatched parts.

Okay---Darn Right, LDAHL! Send up the B-52's to avenge this! In case you kids don't know and don't care, there has been a mass-murder at an employee break room in Cheseapeake, Va. with 6 down. The suspect allegedly committed suicide. It mighta been the work of an idealistic member of an anti-walmart-employee hate group! I'll have to see the Tee-vee reports and the made-for-tee-vee movee, before I'm convinced, though. Anyway, the killer didn't slash his victims with a knife, or throw gas on them and light it, or take an axe to them or run them down in the parkin' lot. . Nope. Thankfully, a handgun was used! Aren't you Gladd? As I write this, the ink is drying on paperwork organizing a WEDSVG(Wallymart Employee Deranged Supervisor Victims Group), and asking for cash contributions. The goal is $50 million, but hopefully more. Just remember: Inside every black cloud is a silver lining. Yup.. Hope that helps you some. Thankk me.

Another tragedy. That's what happens when you live in a hate-based society.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Another tragedy. That's what happens when you live in a hate-based society.
    Yup. Prolly so. Truthfully, what's going on is our own internal undeclared vietnam-style war. Our "troops" haven't got a national cause to fight for overseas, so it's each man to himself, fighting as a commando. Guerrilla warfare. Why can't we all just get along, and be satisfied with watching Football? But yeah--the reason I offer that theory is that I've listen to accounts of young kids out of high school who immediately signed up for military service, and were shipped off to fight in foreign wars. They were just gullible and idealistic kids, who thought boy---this will be an adventure! Stuff like that. Hope that helps you some. It seems to be a syndrome, that affects some people, like Charles Whitman or Lee Oswald. Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    For myself, I have enough trouble discerning the motivations of (superficially) sane minds, much less confidently explaining how insane minds are programmed by the angertainment industry.

For instance, there are FBI agents walking the halls of my kid’s high school this morning. A shortened day was further shortened by a bomb threat. The feds are involved because the threat was traced to somewhere in Canada. I could see this, along with the Pelosi attack, as clear evidence of a pattern of Canadian violence. Or I could just wait for further details. I find it takes less effort to wait for details to emerge than try to build onto a pre-existing narrative with mismatched parts.
    Indeed. It takes crazy rationalization to watch a bunch of politicians and their supporters in the media vilify and demonize groups of people for years and then those groups become targets of violence. And frankly those same politicians can take their worthless ‘thoughts and prayers’ and shove them up their sorry, hateful asses.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    And frankly those same politicians can take their worthless ‘thoughts and prayers’ and shove them up their sorry, hateful asses.
    The mood amongst the < 40 years olds at our vigil last night was very much leaning in the "it's time to pick up a hammer and start smashing things, no more thoughts and prayers are wanted..." direction. Previous events have had a more peace-hugs-and-unicorn sorta vibe.

Me, I've been providing self-defense training to LGBTQ folks since the 1980s, because I don't see "society" stepping up to protect folks, and indeed, these days the direction appears to be going the opposite, in parts of the USA.

Even here, we had one drive-by last night of a large dually diesel pickup truck(*) flying a giant American flag from the bed. This is driven by one of the same fellows who is no longer welcome at the medical centers, grocery stores, and pharmacy here because of his trespasses during an anti-mask event he helped organize. I'm sure that's not connected to why he honked his horn, "rolled coal", and shouted incomprehensible words from his truck last night while folks were silently mourning. At 8PM on our main 15mph street, in an otherwise dark and closed(**) village.

"Very fine people on both sides"...

(*) which I've never ever seen on a job site here, or towing anything.

(**) they pretty much roll up the sidewalks here at 7PM in the winter.

Thread Information