Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBT rights in the USA today...

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    despite the fact that every day lies come out of his mouth, I am amazed that people all across this nation think that he is doing great. Protests, letter writing and all are fine, but what can citizens who value freedom and equality do? I joined a local democratic club and while big on rage, solutions are a little thin.

and by the way, my yard is a jungle of flowers. No matter how sad I am I can see little buzzy stuff pollinating and flying around. It grounds me.
    I wish there was a pic of your yard somewhere! I can totally relate. I spend a lot of time and effort on my yard too and at at the risk of sounding cocky - I have one of the better yards in my part of the neighborhood, and I've had neighbors tell me this before, too - it' not just my ego. And I very much understand about the grounding - I live smack dab in the middle of a metro area of 4.5 million people and I really need the grounding and the connection with nature that a yard can provide.....Rob

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    not only do I agree I also fear for any public money going to further religious causes. Some religions teach the women is subservient to men, arranged marriages, polygamy and so on. Believe in whatever god you want to. Don't fund these beliefs with taxpayer dollars by giving vouchers to pay for schooling. Because where does I stop. Will radical Muslim schools be funded? Schools that support gay conversion? Roman Catholic schools that for years not only shielded priests but routinely sent them to a new set of victims when they were found out?

We are on on a slippery slope
    there will always be tension in keeping the government zfrom establishing religion as far as giving monies. That is worth watching and speaking up to elected officials.

I am uncomfortable with the idea of moving MORE money to religious institutions. But
    I am also uncomfortable with a government dictating social policy that seems to me to be the fad of the moment.

so yeah, there is a slope, and it is slippery, and thats what we as citizens must do, reign in a government that overreaches.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am also uncomfortable with a government dictating social policy that seems to me to be the fad of the moment.
    Giving equal rights to people regardless of their sexual orientation is not some fad. It is the march of history. Of course with the Supreme Court legalizing gay marriage you are going to have some backlash. But there is a definite generational divide on gay rights issues. In the longer scheme of things we will not be moving backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    It's almost like Trump throws out something like this every couple of days to keep everyone distracted, upset, and milling around ineffectively.
    Gaslighting requires shaking the very foundations of what constitutes a "normal" reality. Trump, narcissist that he is, is very, very good at this.

I tried during the whole election to do all the things that are supposed to lead to peaceful change. The walls of corruption and entrenchment are very thick. It left me disheartened and depressed. I had to pull back, as it was eating me up.
    My heart is breaking for all of us right now, as a nation.

Some of us think the problem is to much government.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    It's almost like Trump throws out something like this every couple of days to keep everyone distracted, upset, and milling around ineffectively.
    I really think he gets off on causing chaos. He's demented.

I watch CNN just to watch their heads explode. It's very entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by creaker View Post
    Gaslighting requires shaking the very foundations of what constitutes a "normal" reality. Trump, narcissist that he is, is very, very good at this.
    I lived through this personally, so in a way i saw some signs very early. But still so hard to work against

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I lived through this personally, so in a way i saw some signs very early. But still so hard to work against
    I just finished reading The Plot to Hack America. Now I'm really paranoid. There is a whole industry working to put out false reports, hack into websites, and infiltrate governments. Trump may be more than just a "useful idiot."
    Last edited by JaneV2.0; 8-26-17 at 2:36pm.

Thread Information