Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBT rights in the USA today...

Watch the actions more than words, always. Trust your reality. Talk and follow real people. And remember you are not paranoid if they are really out to get you

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I tried during the whole election to do all the things that are supposed to lead to peaceful change. The walls of corruption and entrenchment are very thick. It left me disheartened and depressed. I had to pull back, as it was eating me up.
    My heart is breaking for all of us right now, as a nation.
    I love your last sentence, Tybee.......I feel the same way, even with my issues with this country. Beyond what I may or may not think, we as a nation could be doing so much better.....Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    And remember you are not paranoid if they are really out to get you
    Who are 'they'? And why do they want to 'get you'?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Who are 'they'? And why do they want to 'get you'?
    They are all the people trump put in his cabinet for the purpose of destroying the agencies they lead, rather than leading the agency in it's stated goal. Like an EPA head who doesn't seem inclined to protect the environment or a secretary of education who has zero experience with public schools. Or a head of the justice department that isn't interested in civil rights. Why they want to get us, I'm not entirely sure. In most cases, but not all, I'd imagine following the money would provide the answers. In the cases where it's not amount the money I imagine it's either about following the jesus or following the racism.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    They are all the people trump put in his cabinet for the purpose of destroying the agencies they lead, rather than leading the agency in it's stated goal. Like an EPA head who doesn't seem inclined to protect the environment or a secretary of education who has zero experience with public schools. Or a head of the justice department that isn't interested in civil rights. Why they want to get us, I'm not entirely sure. In most cases, but not all, I'd imagine following the money would provide the answers. In the cases where it's not amount the money I imagine it's either about following the jesus or following the racism.
    Oh, so it's definitely not paranoia then.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Oh, so it's definitely not paranoia then.
    No, no it's definitely not. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    It's almost like Trump throws out something like this every couple of days to keep everyone distracted, upset, and milling around ineffectively.
    Some slight of hand, a little smoke and a few mirrors and *poof* (wealth transfer complete).
    "Back when I was a young boy all my aunts and uncles would poke me in the ribs at weddings saying your next! Your next! They stopped doing all that crap when I started doing it to them... at funerals!"

"Attorney General Jeff Sessions has reversed a three-year-old Justice Department policy that protected transgender workers from discrimination under federal law.

In a memo to his U.S. attorney offices and agency heads, Sessions said that Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 does not protect transgender people from workplace discrimination by private employers and state and local governments."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...975_story.html

The lunatics are at it again. We need to drain the WH and get back to respecting everyone. This administration just keeps being more awful everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    "Attorney General Jeff Sessions has reversed a three-year-old Justice Department policy that protected transgender workers from discrimination under federal law.

In a memo to his U.S. attorney offices and agency heads, Sessions said that Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 does not protect transgender people from workplace discrimination by private employers and state and local governments."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...975_story.html
    Yes--the evil little elf has his sights set on gay people, cannabis users, and the undocumented, in no particular order.

Thread Information