Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBT rights in the USA today...

LGBT rights in the USA today...

I came across a nice article in the NY Times today, with some decent charts/maps:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...to-be-gay.html

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Yes the article was very good. Today did you see guidance came out about transgender military ban? Just before the racist Arpaio was pardoned.

So so much for unifying the country. Liar.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    Yes the article was very good. Today did you see guidance came out about transgender military ban? Just before the racist Arpaio was pardoned.
    I did see the "guidance" - it's mentioned in my second post above.

I didn't see the pardon today. Wow. That's...quite a mistake on his part:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/24/o...f.html?mcubz=3

I am so deeply angry and sad. I consider myself a very close ally, for all of my life, to the community. There is no way that all my support is going to make much of a difference in how much hate and discrimination there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    I am so deeply angry and sad. I consider myself a very close ally, for all of my life, to the community. There is no way that all my support is going to make much of a difference in how much hate and discrimination there is.
    The ACLU is taking the new royal pronouncement to court. It's not over 'til it's over.

It's almost like Trump throws out something like this every couple of days to keep everyone distracted, upset, and milling around ineffectively.

Good, i would love to donate but my effort is in running a meditation group with lots of people in recovery, LGBTQ, basically some people who really need us. Financially the facilitator group keeps the doors open. Recently we had several people from the community came and shared deeply how this is affecting them, i feel we did good work that night. A new person is female to male trans, really nice young guy. I feel very protective

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    It's almost like Trump throws out something like this every couple of days to keep everyone distracted, upset, and milling around ineffectively.
    Oh yeah, i struggle to not react too much but just figuring it will be okay is also a bad choice

We need to focus on the issues we can and keep the pressure on our reps. Send money, send letters, send email, demonstrate, comfort panicky friends, and hope that this appalling situation will be resolved before the harm it causes becomes irrevocable.

Thread Information