Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBT rights in the USA today...

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    You’re voting in the presidential election in June?

Who is the Democratic candidate? Is it old Joe, or did they pull someone better out of their hat at the last minute?

I ask because you seem to be in a time warp of the future.
    No time warp here - you are making incorrect assumptions. I said I received my mail-in ballot, NOT that I was voting in the presidential election in June. It is my primary ballot and I will be doing my share to get him and others gone by VOTING - starting now... in June.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    No time warp here - you are making incorrect assumptions. I said I received my mail-in ballot, NOT that I was voting in the presidential election in June. It is my primary ballot and I will be doing my share to get him and others gone by VOTING - starting now... in June.
    oh the primary! I forget that some states are still dealing with their primaries. Thanks!

oh the primary! I forget that some states are still dealing with their primaries. Thanks!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    So, on the 4th anniversary of the Pulse nightclub shootings, Trump has eliminated anti-discrimination provisions for LGBTQ folks in healthcare and health insurance. Well played, Trump, well played...

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/...ealthcare.html

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...administration
    I thought the provisions in question, namely the use of 'gender identity' as a basis of discrimination, never went into effect due to a court ruling in 2016. If that's correct then the change in question now brings federal policy into line with court rulings.

That understanding seems to be confirmed in the HHS.GOV link you provided although the NPR link seems to blame the current administration even though the provisions were effectively eliminated by federal courts during the previous administration. I wonder why they would leave the two federal court rulings in 2016 part out? Weird huh?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Stochastic Terrorism in Colorado Springs.

There seems to be a lot of that going on these days, though it's hardly ever acknowledged.

Thankfully, there were a couple of good guys without guns in the crowd who nipped his plans in the bud.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Thankfully, there were a couple of good guys without guns in the crowd who nipped his plans in the bud.
    I understand that one of the good guys was an Army veteran who used the attacker’s gun to bludgeon him.

I was pleased to learn this, as a USAF firearms instructor once advised me that my most effective use of an M-16 would be as a club.

“Stochastic terrorism” is the new free-speech bludgeoning tool adopted by the left. I just learned it myself in a Scientific American opinion piece (oddly, not scientific at all ) about Christopher Rulo and his CRT awareness reporting.

“Stochastic terrorism” is the new free-speech bludgeoning tool adopted by the left. I just learned it myself in a Scientific American opinion piece (oddly, not scientific at all ) about Christopher Rulo and his CRT awareness reporting.
    Can you inform the ignorant? In what context is it being used? What does it mean?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Okay---I'm all for those alphabet people having zackly the same limited rights and protections I have. Yup. But yeah---for us and the Pols in D.C. to be squabbling about the incident in Doo Doo Town or wherever, is micro-managing the situation. They caught the guy, now electrocute him, and get it over with. Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee.

Thread Information