Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Now for this I will protest.....

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Nice variation on my last response option.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/amp.natio...sary-impulsive

We've entered strange times when even the national review agrees with rob...
    A lot of conservatives are saying the pardon was at least in part a petty swipe against Republicans like Jeff Flake who have been less than forthcoming with support for the president.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    A lot of conservatives are saying the pardon was at least in part a petty swipe against Republicans like Jeff Flake who have been less than forthcoming with support for the president.
    I've never had kind words for Jeff Flake until recently, but I do respect him a great deal for standing up to Trump and expressing his view that the wall is "out there" as an idea. Gives me some hope as I'd pegged Jeff Flake as someone with a high enough net worth to not live in the real world - and I was wrong this time and I will admit this here and now. Even Jeff Flake can see how "out there" - his words, not mine - the wall is as an idea. Bravo to the man for getting it! Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I've never had kind words for Jeff Flake until recently, but I do respect him a great deal for standing up to Trump and expressing his view that the wall is "out there" as an idea. Gives me some hope as I'd pegged Jeff Flake as someone with a high enough net worth to not live in the real world - and I was wrong this time and I will admit this here and now. Even Jeff Flake can see how "out there" - his words, not mine - the wall is as an idea. Bravo to the man for getting it! Rob
    I would suspect you'd have as much to object to from a Flake presidency as you would from Trump's. Ideas like limited government, diffused power, individual responsibility would not go down well with the view that governments "rent" citizens.

Thread Information