Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A very deep sense of outrage.....

And Obamas Justice Department was any different?

Journalist Charles Kaiser had this to say:

http://billmoyers.com/story/arpaio-p...FJbGM.facebook

I have a written a book about France under fascism, and what we are now experiencing is exactly what incipient fascism looks like. The combination of Trump’s relentless assaults on the free press, his open encouragement of Nazis — which is the only honest description of his initial refusal to condemn them — and now a pardon without even pretending to go through the normal channels of the Justice Department — these are all the acts of man who is blatantly defying his sacred pledge to uphold the Constitution of the United States.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    There's a protest I will be going to tonight - wisely I kept tonight open on my work availability so that I could attend a protest if one materialized. I realize that mere protesting is unlikely to change much - I just have to know that I am not alone in my outrage and that many others are of a similar mind. It's not hard to find people from the 85006 that have already committed to protest. This is just a start - I believe this is the beginning of a long fight in America and I don't know how it will end or if I will be here in the US for the final result but I'm here and there's now and I'm a decent human being of good character so I have no alternative but to resist and stand up for what is humane and right. I'm not from the 85006 for nothing, you know? (nor is anyone else from whatever zip code they come from, to be fair - it's just that this area gets slammed a lot by the City). Rob

I came back to add that I am looking into what I can do with my writing skills to increase awareness of what's going on and to hopefully express the viewpoint of my neighbors, for many of whom English is a second language - I'd like to help some of these folks express their voice with my writing skills, and since I agree with most of their takes on life, this is not going to be a problem for me at all. At least it's something I can do beyond protesting. And for those thinking this protest tonight is going to be a party - street cred is that it's BYOFAD (bring your own food and drink). Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    And for those thinking this protest tonight is going to be a party - street cred is that it's BYOFAD (bring your own food and drink). Rob
    So it's like a pot-luck?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    So it's like a pot-luck?
    Catered events are more your style? Or were you just hoping there'd be taco trucks?

So it's like a pot-luck?
    No, just a protest. Surely you have seen images of such in the media before this? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Catered events are more your style? Or were you just hoping there'd be taco trucks?
    No, I just didn't get the distinction. Still don't. And what makes you think of taco trucks?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    ROTFLMAO. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    No, just a protest. Surely you have seen images of such in the media before this? Rob
    Yes, but I must have missed the picnic baskets.

Yes, but I must have missed the picnic baskets.
    I know offhand of no one in the 85006 bringing picnic baskets, sorry. Rob

Thread Information