Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Give It a 100 Challenge - September

Both of you are inspiring. Just tackling things...I like the 100 days not necessarily consecutive. I am going to try to do 15 minutes in the attic or basement for 100 days! See how that works. Starting this afternoon!

Welcome, nswef!

Because I know it's going to be especially hard for me to keep writing between mid-October and mid-December because my teaching work gets really busy then, I've also set myself some benchmark goals - to have completed 28 times by the end of September and 40 times by October 15. I'm hoping if I "front-load" my 100 times in this way, I'll stay on track for completing by January 15.

2. And I put away groceries. I still didn't do anything about the plants though.

nswef, did you start today?

Meditation, i was up to 83 days recorded and then got sick last spring. I still meditate most days but just started really tracking again

I read something interesting recently. Not a direct quote as I can't find it but here's the gist of it:

We are only capable of so-much decision making in a day. Thus it is important to get things done early that need to get done. Late in the day it'll sit and wait for another day.

Lends credence to this idea (also read somewhere): each day have only 3 things on the to-do list. Do those first. The rest of the day is a success because your list is done.

I find those principles help me every day!

Lol! Clearly that person with three things on their to do list does not have executive function issues.

the first three things on my literal "to do" list every day are "make breakfast, do chores, milk." Milk is on there seperately because I put it in the freezer to chill, and even though I do it every single day - if I don't look at the list and see the word "milk" I will forget to take it out after an hour and it will freeze and the jar will break.

breakfast and chores are on there not because I will forget to do them, but because sometimes in planning my day ahead, I would forget to allow time to do them.

i can manage getting dressed without a list. But sometimes I don't get hungry before I have to leave the house, and in the absence of a reminder, I forget both to eat breakfast and to pack a lunch. I also forget to brush my hair, which is long. I keep a brush in my car for those moments when I catch a glimpse of myself.

I've been reading this thread, and I think I'd like to join in. I'm going to apply it to my walking. Trying to get in at least 5000 steps a day, may work up to 10,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I read something interesting recently. Not a direct quote as I can't find it but here's the gist of it:

We are only capable of so-much decision making in a day. Thus it is important to get things done early that need to get done. Late in the day it'll sit and wait for another day.

Lends credence to this idea (also read somewhere): each day have only 3 things on the to-do list. Do those first. The rest of the day is a success because your list is done.

I find those principles help me every day!
    If you have that reference somewhere I would love it. I made a mistake that already got me in trouble this school year. I am taking the lumps for it, All I can tell my boss was that there was too much chaos over the entire week. Moving things, have staff not know what to do, all my materials in boxes in the hallway, changes in paperwork, no power one day. Now he really wants to help me and check in a lot, but it really was the perfect storm right then. maybe something so he can trust this is not going to be my normal way of working.

Too Sweet, I've been doing 5000 steps for a long time...this month I tried to increase the number of 6000 days and succeeded.
    No, I did not start my 15 min. attic or basement yesterday...I love the only 3 things on your list but don't seem to have that skill! But I will start.

In less than an hour outside I dug up 3 rosebushes bought at Ollie's 2 years ago that reverted to wild and seem to draw nothing pollinating so out they came today! Been on the list for a year. I also removed some fencing in the garden that has been interfering with good mowing, also on the list for at least a year. AND I measured the utility windows (attic, basement, garage in preparation for getting rid of the attic supply of old curtains, drapes etc. from my husband's dad's house...that I keep just in case. Now having the right measurements I know which cute little curtains are useless to me and which long curtains aren't necessary. I'm counting that time as working on the attic. See how convoluted my thinking gets? But, I'm quite pleased to have a few "once and done" jobs finished. Unlike weeding and cleaning that just have to be done weekly. Thanks for this 100 day idea and the 3 things a day and the do it in the morning.

Thread Information