Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Give It a 100 Challenge - September

Yay for day 3!

3 consecutive days is a good start!

Last night was 22.

today I get my new counters and dh is coming straight home from work to help me move the fridge, so technically I'll be cleaning a new kitchen starting tonight or tomorrow. But there is still no microwave in the new kitchen, and I microwave his egg every morning. Might leave the toaster in the old kitchen for now and keep fixing his breakfast there. Which means that is the space to clean. Honestly, the new kitchen shouldn't be too hard to keep clean. It isn't near an entrance to the house, and the dishwasher is going to stay in the "mud room" so we will take dirty dishes there. dh thinks I'm crazy, but I just paced it off - it is 20 steps from the table to the old sink and dishwasher. 8 from the table to the new sink.

if he wants to do more plumbing to save me effort on housework, he should move the washer and dryer upstairs to the master bath!

Glad your new kitchen is coming together. So are you keeping 2 sinks? if so 'I guess it doesn't make much difference.

The original kitchen is an 8x8 room directly off the garage. It will keep the stainless steel sink and the dishwasher. Rinsing and loading of dishes will be done in this room. "Farm" related jobs such as milk filtering and the washing of muddy carrots will still be done in this room. "Washing up" after coming in from dirty outdoor work will be done in this room.

Cooking and some hand washing of dishes will be done in the new kitchen.

That makes perfect sense to me. It will be nice to have a mud room.

Geila
    Congrats on the new kitchen, CL! And thanks for the encouragement everyone.

Day 4 completed. It feels like it should be day 30! Has it only been 4?

I got up to 23 last night. I am at 86%.

because we still have a microwave in the old room and not the new one, I now basically have two kitchens and I'm not sure how to manage this. I think I need to redefine success.

Cl, redefining success is a good idea. Bravo for the 23rd time! I'm on 11 with the attic and 10 with the steps (6000 or more)

So, I think "the kitchen" will be clean when the breakfast table and all the surfaces in the new kitchen are clean and the new kitchen sink is empty. When there is no paperwork on the counter in the old kitchen, when all the food is put away, the compost has gone out if needed, the coffee maker is set up for the next day, and any dirty dishes are at least rinsed or soaking (if required) in the old kitchen.

as I move items to their new homes, there are likely to be a lot of dishes and kitchen gadgets left out on the old counter - for example, this morning, when I packed lunch, I dumped all the clean plastic lunch containers on the counter. Their basket is going to go through the dishwasher and the get put in it's new location - after which containers will go back in it after they are used. I haven't set a deadline yet for getting rid of left behind containers.

Thread Information