Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Give It a 100 Challenge - September

You're doing great, Chicken Lady!

Thanks! I'm up to 16.

Dh set the old, small kitchen table up with no leaf in the larger guestroom, so i now have a "desk" on the first floor where i can have my paperwork mess. So that keeps it out of the kitchen even on days i don't get to everything (almost all the days) Added bonus,it is as far as you can get from our bed in the original house without going to the basement. So when i get up early, i can work here and not bother dh.

You will love having that table. Congratulations on using it for some peacefulness.

17 yesterday.

Day 10 of attic and I am stuck! I just stood there trying to figure out where to start with the stuff....I took down the trash bag I had filled previously, moved some boxes, emptied a cabinet of linen tablecloth but only put it on the stack of other linens. Clearly I need to do more sorting. I will! The 6000 steps- I have 9 this month, so feel pretty good about that, too.

Nswef, congrats on the steps and the attic!

My mantra when stuck on decluttering or organizing: "Do what's easy." That sometimes gets me over the hump.

I completed Day 23 of writing today.

More ideas for getting unstuck - group like items, move from one side toward the other picking up each thing and making some kind of decision, even if it's just "goes here" vs. "move", find one thing to fix, clean, or get rid of and do that.

Geila
    I'd like to join in. My goal is 100 days of low-carb eating. I was going to say by the end of the year and realized that was probably not doable. That would only give me 2 days to get to low-carb and for holidays. But who knows, maybe I can do it.

I just started a small pot of soup with some rice in it and I'll probably have leftovers for tomorrow. I'll see if I want to freeze it and start right away or wait another day.

CL I came to the same thoughts you did about just doing what was easy first and the sorting. So that's the plan for the next few days. While journaling I thought I could turn that huge damask tablecloth into a duvet...There is a matlasse double bed cover as well that I could use. They both were my husband's grandmother's linens. Then there are all the pictures in frames that I've had over the years as décor and got tired of-wanting cleared walls. If I get them all into categorized boxes or piles - photos, knick knacks, kitchen, papers, linens (much reduced already), books, lamps! Some will be easy to get rid of. I like having this check in! Thanks all for the encouragement and accountability.

Thread Information