Thread: Chromebooks - thumbs-up.

Chromebooks - thumbs-up.

The past few weeks I have been evaluating the Samsung Chromebook Pro and the Chromebook Plus.

I was expecting to hate it. It's actually quite usable and non-fussy, and much more capable than I had imagined.

I purchased a pair of Samsung Chromebook Plus models for my nieces to use at college as a result, they told me that's just what they wanted/needed for their routine coursework/use.

Handy feature is that these models also run Android apps, which for my particular needs makes them very useful indeed, so I'm keeping my evaluation unit.

Anyways, if you don't need a traditional Microsoft or Apple computer, these are worth checking out.

I am looking at chrome books for my after school program. I donated at least 4 boxes of old books, the kids simply don't want to read them. I know the school day and some of our other programs have chromebooks for the kids to read and do work on. I don't know the exact type, I am looking at very simple ones. There are many book programs available.

But you do need a network connection. Also it is much harder to keep your data local (in case your network connection goes out).
    I would still prefer a Linux Netbook.

Thread Information