Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Autumn

It is the beginning of camping season for us. Kids are back in school so campgrounds are not so crowded. Labor Day, the unofficial end of summer around here, is a turning point for me. I feel a sense of renewal. Freshly pressed cider (the real stuff not preservative-laden store bought cider) is our way of celebrating the beginning of fall. Add a couple of homemade doughnuts to the cider.

WE like to go for a few days to Apple Hill in CA where everything apple related is sold. It is cooler there and really pretty. Lots of vendors, arts and crafts, wineries and breweries to enjoy tasting and sitting outside. Many of the farms participate so it is really big and fun. WE take our RV and go to a park that has a swimming pool and hot tub. Really relaxing and we can take the dogs. We usually go every year.

Fall is the season of abundance around here so a celebration of apples, squash, pumpkins etc to enjoy. I think that I love each season for its uniqueness especially since I don't need to drive in inclement weather.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

It's going to be 100 today. Cannot fathom fall weather
    +1 one holds out hopes than in a month or so one won't be frying alive That is all, of course it comes at the price of S.A.D. and darkness so not the world's greatest tradeoff. I guess I prefer summer, but super hot now.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information