I've worn progressive lens glasses for a long time. Recently, I started feeling like I couldn't see out of them as well. I couldn't get in to my regular eye doc last year, and saw someone who told me I could actually forget about distance lenses and just buy some cheap reading glasses at a store. Well, I wasn't sure to trust that. So I waited and had another visit finally with my regular eye doc recently. He said the same thing! I guess my near-sightedness has gone away. I guess that happens sometimes as we age. Well, I know you need to see well in 3 areas.......close, middle and far. He told me it would save a lot of money to just buy those cheap reading glasses, and get a different strength for "medium" distances too. they may be cheaper than prescription glasses, but who wants to change their glasses all day long? And I don't feel like wearing those little reading glasses down low on my nose all day, looking like Mrs. Clause. And I don't want to wear them on a string around my neck. Plus, I like anti-reflective coating.
So I guess I'll spend the money and have the top part of the glasses be just plain glass.

I have to mess around with so many things during the day, the last thing I want to do is be putting 2 different glasses on and off all day........looking for them, losing them, forgetting which strength I have on, etc., etc.

Yeah, new glasses are about $400+, but I think it would be well worth the hassle.

It's a little scary giving up my distance prescription.....even though it was 20/20 without them. Yes, I could see the line, but it was fuzzy. I guess you don't want to make the eye too lazy though, by making the lenses too strong.

Anyone else come up on this problem........only needing plain glass for distance, but more for middle and close stuff?