Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Arpaio pardon may not hold up!!!!!

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Rob,

I think you need to read what the coverage says.

Bolton isn't doing anything to the pardon itself. She's simply pointing out that the Justice Department's guidelines on what pardons mean will be followed.

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/frequ...utive-clemency

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.81a3b85320b1
    Bae, at this point I don't know what to believe so as usual, I'll side with the 85006 as these are people who have lived/present tense live in fear of America so they understand. To be clear - I have read your Washington Post link which makes it clear that the pardon is not up to be overturned - the yahoo.com article I have read says flat out in it's headline that the pardon could be overturned. As Karl Marx said, it all boils down to social class, and since I don't know the truth here, I have to side with people who have lived/present tense live in fear of America.

That said, I believe it will be interesting to see how this works out, no? And whatever happens, I very much hope his political aspirations are blocked. America and Arizona and the 85006 deserve better than Joe Arpaio and I'm tired of being embarrassed by various trash that Americans have elected to represent them....Arpaio would be a prime example. Rob

Good luck with your reality.

Myself, I believe it's a civic duty to understand what the rules actually are, and what parameters of action are available.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Good luck with your reality.

Myself, I believe it's a civic duty to understand what the rules actually are, and what parameters of action are available.
    And best of luck with yours. Rob

Something that I am reading online that gives me some hope is that there are others out there questioning Trump's absolute ability to pardon and how appropriate this is given the givens in the Arpaio case, especially since Trump had the gall and did not have the common basic respect to pardon until after the criminal justice system was done with Arpaio. Given the hatred out there for America now due to the insane income inequality and given the overall fear of what America has become, I don't believe this issue is over yet. Not anywhere near.

I hope the 85006 can play some small role in whatever future fate awaits this evil man, given how many victims of his reside in the 85006. It would be poetic justice if somehow the 85006 in some small way could deliver legal justice to the extremely deserving Joe Arpaio. Rob

Thread Information