Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Disengaged.

Join DateDec 2010LocationOntario, CanadaPosts4,031
    OK, I have to say this. Isn't life a joy to be savoured? Has the dark melodrama on the media taken the zest for life and its little miracles away?
    I love my flowers! I watch a little puppy dancing and chuckle.
    I was standing still and watching a truck pick up a large garbage bin from a property. As I was admiring the care of the driver, the smooth operation of the cable pulling it onto the truck base and the design in balancing the weight of the bin and the stability of the truck, a married mid-aged couple walked by. They looked at me, looked at the bin and then back at me with a puzzled look on their faces. I told them that I was admiring the whole design process to make such things possible for both consumers and the service providers. They laughed at me at first, then got quiet and continued their walk. Next time we met, I was gently teased about my interest in mechanical things.
    i see them regularly now and they always stop to talk, sharing about something.
    There is so much good going on. Don't lose sight of that and celebrate it! Stepping off my podium now

I wholeheartedly agree with you Razz, having a way to look at all the miracles around and appreciate what people, machines and nature all have to share helps make things so much better! I think easier for some people to do than others, but baby steps might work. Just look at the sky three times a day!

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    OK, I have to say this. Isn't life a joy to be savoured? Has the dark melodrama on the media taken the zest for life and its little miracles away?
    I love my flowers! I watch a little puppy dancing and chuckle.
    I was standing still and watching a truck pick up a large garbage bin from a property. As I was admiring the care of the driver, the smooth operation of the cable pulling it onto the truck base and the design in balancing the weight of the bin and the stability of the truck, a married mid-aged couple walked by. They looked at me, looked at the bin and then back at me with a puzzled look on their faces. I told them that I was admiring the whole design process to make such things possible for both consumers and the service providers. They laughed at me at first, then got quiet and continued their walk. Next time we met, I was gently teased about my interest in mechanical things.
    i see them regularly now and they always stop to talk, sharing about something.
    There is so much good going on. Don't lose sight of that and celebrate it! Stepping off my podium now
    That is excellent advice. As Warren Zevon said, you need to enjoy every sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    That is excellent advice. As Warren Zevon said, you need to enjoy every sandwich.

I thought he said, bring lawyers, guns and money.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    I thought he said, bring lawyers, guns and money.
    I really miss that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I really miss that guy.
    You are not alone in that.

My dogs have helped me appreciate the small things in life. They get so excited for a new day, treats, walks, etc. I had 4 old dogs and a few months ago lost my favorite at 12 and then a good friend a week later. I knew it would be hard as they started to go so a month ago got a puppy. Last week I had to put down my 20 yo dog. The puppy has helped with the pain so much. He is irrtating the 2 old dogs left but they are adjusting. We laugh at his antics and play with him. He is only 3 lbs and very short but still manages to stretch his little body to steal my underwear out of a laundry basket or get into my knitting. My old dog that just died used to love to run around the bed in the morning and do a happy barking dance to announce the new day. She was a puppymill breeder survivor that was deaf, shy, not socialized or potty trained when we got her 10 years ago. WE truly made a difference for her and that gave us and her joy. If you can't find joy in anything that is clinical depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    My dogs have helped me appreciate the small things in life. They get so excited for a new day, treats, walks, etc. I had 4 old dogs and a few months ago lost my favorite at 12 and then a good friend a week later. I knew it would be hard as they started to go so a month ago got a puppy. Last week I had to put down my 20 yo dog. The puppy has helped with the pain so much. He is irrtating the 2 old dogs left but they are adjusting. We laugh at his antics and play with him. He is only 3 lbs and very short but still manages to stretch his little body to steal my underwear out of a laundry basket or get into my knitting. My old dog that just died used to love to run around the bed in the morning and do a happy barking dance to announce the new day. She was a puppymill breeder survivor that was deaf, shy, not socialized or potty trained when we got her 10 years ago. WE truly made a difference for her and that gave us and her joy. If you can't find joy in anything that is clinical depression.
    So many deaths! I am sorry to hearbthis and am glad your new pup is lively and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    So many deaths! I am sorry to hearbthis and am glad your new pup is lively and fun.
    And thank you for giving the little survivor the best years of her life!

IL: my friend that died had Alzheimer's and cancer. It was a blessing because she suffered for the past 2 years. But I was still very sad. She used to doggy sit and they all loved her. Shortly after both her and Cassie died I had a dream where both were healthy and she was holding Cassie and telling me that they were both fine. It helped. Thanks Jane! WE had a lot of fun teaching her all about life and taking her on many vacations. WE still have a 13yo Maltese and a 80lb Husky/Sheppard mix that is 12. I actually felt guilty for wanting a puppy but we have done a lot of rescue and taken many old dogs and I just needed a break. This puppy is saving what my kids left behind of my mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    If you can't find joy in anything that is clinical depression.
    I certainly find joy in my pup, Harlan.

I also find a great deal of joy in reading books.

Thread Information