Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Disengaged.

So I have been thinking about this for a bit more.

I think that what I am going through is a grappling match with reality. Reality has me pinned.
    But being pinned almost feels like, or rather it actually does feel like, a strange form of relief.

Pinned sounds like you're stuck. What parts are stuck and why do you think you are stuck.

Or did you mean pinned in a different sense?

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    Pinned sounds like you're stuck. What parts are stuck and why do you think you are stuck.

Or did you mean pinned in a different sense?
    Oh, I am stuck. But I am starting to feel like stuck is the most realistic position. And it is restful compared to the constant struggle of grappling with reality.

"Accepting those things I can not change ..."

I'm reading a book you might enjoy and find enlightening:

https://www.amazon.com/Changing-Your...ct_top?ie=UTF8

I think UL is pretty much on the mark. He's not depressed, he is facing facts. Why do we feel that we have to cheer someone up all the time?

In your searches for courses, UL, how about looking at risk management? Sounds as though employment opportunities are fairly good.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Okay---As manya you kids know already, I went ta the wreckin' yard over memorial day weekend, & pulled a good, used motor outta a 77 Chevy. Yup. It has had a prior overhaul, and the interior of it is very clean. But, it's missing some parts. So anyway---I went out to my personal salvage warehouse, and found the pieces I need. I did hafta go back to the wreckin' yard, and take a hammewr n chisel & get the oil shield from the intake manifold that I did not purchase. But yeah---it's all coming together, though I'm a bit sidetracked from the other projects. Plus mowing. Mow, in case you kids didn't know, is VERY(x44444)important to many people. For meee, it's only vegetation encroachment control. But thats Equatorial Zurra for you. Yup. See photos of the fuel induction system I've chosen for my hi-tech free engine. Only the distributor has hi-tech, but I could easily change that, too. Ha.2023-06-20 (12).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Okay---As manya you kids know already, I went ta the wreckin' yard over memorial day weekend, & pulled a good, used motor outta a 77 Chevy. Yup. It has had a prior overhaul, and the interior of it is very clean. But, it's missing some parts. So anyway---I went out to my personal salvage warehouse, and found the pieces I need. I did hafta go back to the wreckin' yard, and take a hammewr n chisel & get the oil shield from the intake manifold that I did not purchase. But yeah---it's all coming together, though I'm a bit sidetracked from the other projects. Plus mowing. Mow, in case you kids didn't know, is VERY(x44444)important to many people. For meee, it's only vegetation encroachment control. But thats Equatorial Zurra for you. Yup. See photos of the fuel induction system I've chosen for my hi-tech free engine. Only the distributor has hi-tech, but I could easily change that, too. Ha.2023-06-20 (12).jpg
    That sounds a lot like the way the late, lamented Titan submersible was assembled.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    That sounds a lot like the way the late, lamented Titan submersible was assembled.
    Ha. But--Nope. This will run just fine. It is a tried and proven method. But, thanks anyway. Yup. Edited to add: That intake manifold & a set of valve covers were out back in a pile o' parts. Evidently, they had been degreased & the shield on the underside removed. Then, they rusted. They had a trace of aqua blue paint, first used by chevy/gm in 1977. Wondered for the next several days where they came from. I did not recall acquiring them on my wreckin' yard adventures. Then, I believe I have the answer: They were on the original engine in my yellow 77 GMC pickup, which I bought in 2005. The previous owner had torn the engine down, used some of the pieces, and threw the rest in the bed---including the manifold & covers. He planned to haul it to the crusher, as the title had an issue. But no---I bought it for a paltry $200, hauled it home, resolved the title issue, and in 2007, I put the engine & transmission from another pickup in it, and stored the old extra parts. Now, they are being utilized again. Guess what? A 77-model has VERY little o' that hi-tech garbage all the vehicles have now. See? Mine will be off-the-grid, so to speak. Hope that helps you some.

Thread Information