Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It has begun! - wedding weekend stories

CL: your stories are always very entertaining but of course I am not having to live through them. Have fun at the wedding today! When my son got married to a woman from Poland she came here and they had 90 days to get married. So I planned the wedding based on what my son wanted. They had agreed that the states wedding was his and they would get married in Poland in the catholic Church a year later. So he wants to be married outside in a beautiful park and I find a minister online that says he is licensed in CA and NV. Much of the reserving, etc had to be done before she got here. Well a few days after the wedding they had still not received the paperwork from the minister, etc and after contacting him many times we found out he was not legal to perform weddings in NV. So they had to run to the J of the Peace and get married. If they had just assumed they were married she would have gotten thrown out of the country at 90 days. Ugh! They were not mad at me and it makes for a funny story.

The brunch was great, the wedding was lovely, it stopped raining long enough to have it outside on the deck as the bride wished, and my mil got the stomach flu and spent the day in her hotel.

i actually do feel bad for her. We sent her lots of photos and short videos as the event unfolded and the phone was passed around.

my mother teared up when she saw the bells from her wedding hanging on the bridal arch.

they will vacuum up the rice.

Mil is feeling better. She has had time to watch the videos, look at the pictures, and digest everything she was told. So she called dh to tell him everything that was done wrong. We just lay in bed last night and laughed.

my dil is a lovely, gracious young woman. The satin wedding bells were a little discolored by time, and I suggested that dd just tuck them into the greenery at the side of the arch where they would be inconspicuous. Apparently she was doing that when dil said "but Grammie might not see them there!" And instructed her to hang them off center from the arch so that they were just above the (slightly short even in heels) bride's head. Mom had them in the center - she wore heels, so she and dad were both over 6'.

Dil also wore her grandmother's beaded head piece and mother's veil. At the reception, she had the dj play my father's favorite love song and announce my parents anniversary (he used to sing it and dance with my mom in the kitchen all the time when I was growing up), and then later, she stopped the dancing while everyone sang happy birthday to her uncle Elmer.

my sil, who is still in her 40's, but has chronic health issues, danced. Last year at dd 's wedding, she told me her dancing days were over.

and my bil endeared himself to me because he and dh were talking about ds getting married fairly young and what his friends were doing right now and bil pointed out how young we got married and dh said, yeah, and you did this, and you did that, and bil said "but you found the love of your life."

What a wonderful weddng, and what wonderful memories!!

Lovely post to share, CL.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Wow what a beautiful story! Your DIL is one special person. She has her priorities right. Lucky you!

Thread Information