Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It has begun! - wedding weekend stories

Yppej
    Yep, adults can do whatever they want, but I don't have to give them a wedding gift for what's not a wedding, any more than I got gifts when I got together with some guy and threw a party.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Yep, adults can do whatever they want, but I don't have to give them a wedding gift for what's not a wedding, any more than I got gifts when I got together with some guy and threw a party.
    If I am happy for people, regardless of whether they have a civil ceremony, or a religious rite, or whether it's today or yesterday or last month, I just can't discriminate. If someone sends me a card announcing their wedding that took place a month ago, I would send them a gift, if I feel happy for them. I can't get that literal about the actual ceremony.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Funny how we can set expectations for others to meet without first gaining their consent.

Some family members wanted to be married on a particular day in a particular place that did not accommodate a large gathering. They had their small ceremony and then invited others to a large party that suited the large group's convenience much better. They did make a special public commitment to each other in front of the large gathering but no ceremony. It worked well and the marriage is still going strong.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

lol!

my son found a 20lb bag of rice in my basement. Anybody can return the form, so they didn't get Jp'd

my mom stopped by by surprise with a big tin of cookies and ironed all the table cloths for brunch and the groom's wedding outfit.

we leave for the rehearsal in 20 minutes and the bride says my jobs to calm her mother down. Also, the bride likes the dress I bought.

(they went on their honeymoon in July btw.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    lol!

my son found a 20lb bag of rice in my basement. Anybody can return the form, so they didn't get Jp'd

my mom stopped by by surprise with a big tin of cookies and ironed all the table cloths for brunch and the groom's wedding outfit.

we leave for the rehearsal in 20 minutes and the bride says my jobs to calm her mother down. Also, the bride likes the dress I bought.

(they went on their honeymoon in July btw.)

Have a wonderful evening, CL!!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

CL, your mom is Wonderful! I'm happy to hear things are all falling into place. LOL about the bag of rice in the basement. So happy to hear you chuckling through all of this. DIL sounds wonderful too.

We invited all the aunts and uncles to the rehearsal dinner, but mine declined. My cousin also declined, but then my uncle ended up bringing her and her husband to the same restaurant for dinner, so they came up to say hi. I teased my uncle about not eating Free food.

i love these kids so much!

and it was great seeing the little boys who grew up in my house all dressed up with girl friends and jobs. Thy are good men.

That CL, always prepared with bags of rice! Haha. (Although I am not sure rice will be ok to toss at the bridal couple, there is something sbout birds eating it and then getting bloated. But whatever, it will all work out.)

According to dh, his father started saying over and over at every break in the conversation after 9:00 (which is when dessert was served) "well. I guess everybody needs to go home and get some rest now."

the 20 somethings went back to the best man's house and extended the party to midnight.

dh parents had announced that they were coming to the rehearsal (for no reason, without being invited, which they then actually didn't). But when dh and I arrived at the rehearsal dinner venue, 20 minutes before dinner was due to start, they were sitting in the lobby looking dour and miserable (I could see them through the window as we approached) they informed us that they had been up and checked out the party room for us and everything looked good. (Thanks?)

I thought rice was a big No-No at weddings anymore. We had bird seed which was on the accepted list at the venue. I was picking bird seed out of my hair for Days.

Thread Information