So, we shall start with my mil, of course, who yesterday sent me a list of things I need to be sure to have in my purse. (Spoiler alert, no purse)

also, she called to see what time Saturday morning she should get here "to help" (no one has asked her to help, or mentioned needing help. She got the she brunch invitation everyone rise got.) Dh said "there is no helping mom, it's catered. And don't come early because you'll be in the way."

i swear if she comes early anyway I'm going to ask her to wash the windows on the dining porch. They could use it, I won't get to it, and she hates washing windows.

the groom (my son) was in charge of dinner music, "stuff to throw at them" when they leave, and the marriage license. Last night the bride informed us that the dinner music is a piece off the internet entitled "wedding playlist". He's thinking about getting some confetti today (we reminded him that as they are getting married at a golf club he better call about that) and he thinks he has the license thing figured out, but it's possible they have to return it in person within 30 days of the wedding, so he's going to ask when they go to get it today, because if that's true, they're just going to justice of the peace it while they're there and have the wedding tomorrow. They might need us to come up and be witnesses. The bride then says in an "I may kill your son" tone "or we could just ask the people behind us in line." And he said "yeah!"