Thread: Long weekend!

Long weekend!

I am so ready for this extra day. It comes early in the school year so it is a very welcome break. My big plans are going to a BBQ later today, hosting a buddhist phone call tomorrow and a lot of rest. I need a few projects as well. Too much un focused time goes to bad places. So i am working on my maker faire project, getting pretty excited about that. Then making pillow cases into a reading corner lounger for the kids at school. And maybe even get into that photo project! I have been saying i want to send a set of photos to my grand son's adoptive family of my daughter (birth mom).

What are other people doing?

Today visited two places in Bucharest important to the communist regime here, both paeans to communist power. Good god, the excess is horrifying, they were worse than any king.

Tomorrow we will begin a 7 day tour of Transylvania, having already been introduced to Vlad Tepes i.e.
    Vlad Dracul, i.e. the legendary Dracula in seeing his bust in old town Bucharest.

Please share your impressions of Dracula. I am off to see the play Dracula at the Shaw Festival in Niagara on the Lake so had to read up about the original in order to get the drift of the story to appreciate the variation that is actually being presented.
    You kind of like the ghoulish so should be a?good interpreter, don't you agree
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Today visited two places in Bucharest important to the communist regime here, both paeans to communist power. Good god, the excess is horrifying, they were worse than any king.

Tomorrow we will begin a 7 day tour of Transylvania, having already been introduced to Vlad Tepes i.e.
    Vlad Dracul, i.e. the legendary Dracula in seeing his bust in old town Bucharest.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Don't forget to give equal time to the lovely Elizabeth Bathory...

Sleeping, playing with my grandchildren, eating, and not checking work email for three days. It's nice to not be on call.

Yppej
    Extended family is visiting from out of town. We are doing some tourist things as well as catching up/down time. Yesterday the weather was glorious, but today is rainy and tomorrow will be hot, so we are doing both indoor and outdoor activities.

It's not a holiday in the UK, although I am actually away from home, down in Cornwall, Poldark and Doc Martin country!

I'm jealous Ishbel!

Ishbel,

I have fond memories of St Just in Roseland Church, with its palm trees and floral splendor, located near St Mawes. I wonder if you had the opportunity to see it.

I am in Portloe a tiny village, next to Veryan with its famous round houses, built (legend says) by a vicar of the parish to house his four spinster daughters, with no corners in which the devil could lurk! I know St Just's church very well. We have been holidaying here for decades and have many local friends. It's not raining at the mo, so we're off to St Mawes for lunch!

Thread Information