So I get to do a project at work, it is just my type of thing. Connecting and collaborating regardless of 'rank' and getting a good thing going in my interest area.

The head, top top head, of our department got a call from the person who has the summer book program. We do the book program every year and this year I was in charge of our district by myself. So the call got passed to me, I also got to share with our new head of department the report that I created to turn in at the end of summer. It turns out they have a lot of extra books and they would like to work with us to use them in after school programs during the school year. We talked for awhile and I am going to reach out to the 47 schools in our program to put together small book clubs after school at sites that want it and use the books and training we have. I am contacting the supervisors and making a google form for interest. This is where my good relationships with my peers really helps. I also really need some great relationships with other programs in the Denver area in case I get an opportunity to move.

Super excited on many levels. I may recover from my beginning of year but bringing a new supervisor up to speed is slow and hard work. We had a long payroll talk yesterday which included that people get paid for the holiday depending on their years of service. I have had a staff who gets holidays all the time so I know this but I can reassure him. The bad start to my year (getting something an hour late when I had all my materials stacked in hallways for 3 days) is just something that happened so I am sure we will be doing this all year. Meanwhile my colleague who has a improvement plan left over from last year and a bunch of negative is having an interesting time. He is showing up and impressed with her program, same program as last year, but I doubt there is anything he can do about the previous sup putting her on a plan. None of my business, but it does tell me the tone of this school year and it says be very very careful.