Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Getting Real, This Menopause Business...

I think I'm in perimenapause, and it ain't fun. So far, just occasional night sweats and hot flashes. The flashes aren't too bad yet, but I feel as if my ears might sweat. I'm usually hotter than everyone around me anyway, but this is much worse. And I have rosacea as well. My cycle was weird last month--it started a week early and dragged on and on and ended two weeks later. I'd much rather have this than the dreaded "flooding" aka heavy bleeding episodes some women have.

I may try to keep track of when these episodes occur, as the hot flashes were bad last week and gone this week. I just turned 51 and have been sleeping well since I got my Japanese shikifuton; don't want to think I'll dread going to bed and getting no sleep in the future.

I have night sweats but not too many hot flashes. My biggest problems are: 1) my libido is on vacation somewhere without me; and 2) I am depressed and have mood swings.

Tried black cohosh but it didn't really do anything. I can't have hormone therapy b/c of my diabetes. (God, I hate that term "My Diabetes." It sounds like it's a pet or something. A really ugly pet.)

I understand friends. The last few days I have been cold. I told hubby this feels great being cold. I feel the Hot Flashes that were horrible for about 5 years ended recently, knock on wood. I tried every otc supplement and herb, nothing helped. Doctor wanted to give me some meds that could help, I said no I will deal with it as I have a policy of no meds. 5 long years......

In my experience "menopausal psychosis" isn't far from the reality. I experienced night terrors/sleep paralysis during which I heard voices. Or maybe I was abducted by aliens; I might as well have been. It didn't last too long, or I might have gone around the bend.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    sleep paralysis during which I heard voices.
    The few I've had of those have definitely been terror filled. Mine left the impression of spiritual battle complete with demons holding me down. Combine that with night sweats and it's hellish for sure. Every time I've had one once I drag myself awake I've spent the rest of the night in the living room with all the lights on.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Oh, I have dreamt I was on the verge of being sexually assaulted more than once. And it seemed so real.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    In my experience "menopausal psychosis" isn't far from the reality. I experienced night terrors/sleep paralysis during which I heard voices. Or maybe I was abducted by aliens; I might as well have been. It didn't last too long, or I might have gone around the bend.

Thread Information