Thread: Elon Musk and his AI predictions of WWIII

Elon Musk and his AI predictions of WWIII

This is worth a read, and a discussion.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000009

So if the world is going to go boom because of an evil AI (what I call "Big Rob") then why bother living simply? Why bother recycling? Why bother doing much of anything?

Putin said that whoever controls Big Rob controls the world (this quote is shown in the article).

Elon also thinks that North Korea is a silly joke compared to the danger of Big Rob. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Thoughts?
    What does Big Rob say?

So you have no thoughts? Just going back to throwing junk out? Which comes first, AI, or its creator? So which is the greater threat?

I like that he signed a letter calling for a ban on killer robots, but I'm conflicted because I saw last year's series remake of Westworld. Some of them were pretty hot!

And then there was the Terminator...I'd like to prevent the original cyborg which was sent to kill Sarah Connor, but then there was another who was sent to protect her. If one cancels out the other, was there actually harm done? Skynet wasn't all bad, was it?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Westworld was awesome! Is it coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Westworld was awesome! Is it coming back?
    Apparently...

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I like that he signed a letter calling for a ban on killer robots, but I'm conflicted because I saw last year's series remake of Westworld. Some of them were pretty hot!
    Old article:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/autom...oldiers-2014-1

How large is the AI that does chess battles? How long until that power is the size of a single chip, based on computer history? How far are we from quantum computers and how will they effect programming when you can see the rules in multiple ways?

Thread Information