Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too many catastrophes....perfect time for a bomb?

Too many catastrophes....perfect time for a bomb?

So many uncontrolled wildfires out west, the flood in Texas, the hurricane headed for the east coast, and you-know-who as president. Doesn't it seem like the perfect time for Kim to drop a bomb on us?
    Pretty insecure times........

cancel that thought! There are always natural disasters, and trials and tribulations. The world hasn't ended yet. And there's nothing I can really do about it, if nutcases decide to explode bombs.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
    So many uncontrolled wildfires out west, the flood in Texas, the hurricane headed for the east coast, and you-know-who as president. Doesn't it seem like the perfect time for Kim to drop a bomb on us?
    I agree. It does seem to be a time of unparraled insanity overall. Sometimes it's enough for me to just get through a day. That's being sucessful right there, just getting through a day. I don't like to think of what 10 years from now might be like based on how rapidly so much is going haywire. Glad to have my faith once again and my SO and the support (mostly) of the 85006. These all help but I can still see how crazy things are getting...Rob

None of the things that you mentioned require a bomb to solve them. Pompeii was a lot worse with no need for a bomb, the ice age didn't require a bomb, the potato famine in Ireland didn't require a bomb....

There are so many good things going on that outweigh the difficulties. How many people are employed creating benefits for themselves and society? Farmers are growing food, musicians are performing, people are working in so many fields earning a living. The US will survive in spite of whatever mischief takes place.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    None of the things that you mentioned require a bomb to solve them. Pompeii was a lot worse with no need for a bomb, the ice age didn't require a bomb, the potato famine in Ireland didn't require a bomb....

There are so many good things going on that outweigh the difficulties. How many people are employed creating benefits for themselves and society? Farmers are growing food, musicians are performing, people are working in so many fields earning a living. The US will survive in spite of whatever mischief takes place.
    Razz.....maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but my point was that I hope the challenges that this country is facing right now, doesn't make Kim Jong Un think it would be the perfect time for his bomb. A nuclear bomb isn't what I'd call mischief.

I probably would not connect any bomb risk with our natural disasters, but having our hawkish politicians in the drivers seat adds to some worries for me. We've lived in dangerous times with really nasty weapons off and on for the last few decades. We always seem to get through things.

An unhinged, thwarted egomaniac with his tiny fingers on the nuclear football fills me with dread. I wouldn't put anything past him, if Bob Mueller starts closing in.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    An unhinged, thwarted egomaniac with his tiny fingers on the nuclear football fills me with dread.
    Jane, are you referring to Kim Jong Un or Trump? ..... could be either one!

Rogar...I was thinking that a smart enemy would see that these disasters are taking up a lot of our resources and it might be a good time to get us while we're down.

Jane, are you referring to Kim Jong Un or Trump? ..... could be either one!

Rogar...I was thinking that a smart enemy would see that these disasters are taking up a lot of our resources and it might be a good time to get us while we're down.
    The Ohio-class subs out of Bangor, WA are still silently, calmly cruising the Pacific, uninvolved in the disaster response effort, and any one of them is capable of turning North Korea into a glowing crater.

Seems like the perfect time to figure out how to get some of that floodwater, up and poured over those wildfires.
    Are you asking if someone can direct the hurricane to a certain district and convert it into a flood zone?

Thread Information