Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I said NO

I said NO

And I'm really glad I did.

I keep giving up all my leisure time to other people/groups/demands. This is the first time I looked at it and said, NO, I don't want to to that, and I won't.

It's about time.

Well done!! It's hard at first, but feels good when you are off the hook.

I actually had a friend tell me something she admires about me is my ability to say no. I was not sure how I felt about it at the time, but mostly I was surprised because I didn't see myself as a "no" person. I was surprised she perceived me that way.

Again, good work.
    Kelli

My gluten free blog: Twin Cities Gluten Free
    Our house remodel blog: Our Fair Abode

That is an important step in finding your own life choices. Next is to find a way to extricate from the current commitments.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I had to extricate from a commitment recently. I explained to the people involved that at this time, I wanted to focus both my time and my energy on other things that I had going in my life, and would no longer have the time/energy to continue the commitment. The people involved were bummed, and (probably) upset at me, although they didn't express it. I endured more torture from myself before making that call than I have since making that call. It is still hard, but I'm beginning to be glad I did it.
    Mrs. Hermit

Good for you! It is hard to say "no" sometimes. That is why I like to remind myself that saying no to the things that don't matter to me allows me to say yes to the things that do.

Mrs-M
    All my life I've struggled with using the word "no", but I'm finding that the older I get the easier it is. Good on you!

I said "no" to choir practice tonight. Probably in the dog house, but don't think I'll lose too much sleep.

Kat: What a great way to look at it! With all due humility, I am wonderful at saying no. Mom so isn't, and I've learned from watching her. I've also helped her to say no on occasions that really warranted it. Of course, she is a much nicer person than I am. I'm not sure this is the skill everyone would wish to excel at, but it works for me.

I am saying "NO" to VBS this year. Always scheduled in late July, the hotest, most miserable time of year in TN, I always dread five nights of work with kids after a full day of work for me. Decided it is really too much, to expect myself to take part year after year...........

What is VBS? (and congratulations for saying NO to it )

Thread Information