Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Refrigerators

we got a new one about 3 yrs ago. French door, bottom freezer, painted silver.

If I went for a new one, I would still get a bottom freezer painted model. French doors are over rated.

I have separate larder fridge and freezer. I bought Bosch and they both have an A efficiency level, as we 'Europeans' call it!

I find Bosch very reliable.

Yppej
    Despite making occasional weird noises my 20+ year old fridge is still working, but my parents' 5 year old freezer on bottom version just broke, and they were told it 's their fault for not cleaning some coils behind a panel that has to be unscrewed with some special screwdriver. It may have been buried in the manual somewhere, but they were unaware. I think that's a lot to put on a couple in their seventies.

Yppej - my fridge is three years old. I've already replaced the water valve to the icemaker just outside the two year warranty. During the hurricane, we had no power and only ran the generator a few hours during the day. This meant the fridge did not completely maintain temp. Once electricity was restored, I realized in day one I was gaining five degrees per day of temp. I am not a poor housekeeper and even though I have pets, they are nonshedding. I have an extension on the vacuum which allows cleaning underneath narrow areas we pull the fridge and stove out at least yearly to clean behind them. Anyway, what dh discovered when he began to disassemble the back (which is now a solid panel - who remembers open coils?) Was an accumulated dust bunny that had stopped a small cooling can from running. The area was most assuredly not accessible to a consumer! Had there been no power interruption due to the hurricane, I believe our fridge would have failed much more slowly, but probably it would have burned up something very expensive and we'd have had to replace instead.

Thread Information