Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Introversion or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I would think if you are traveling form Europe you would know months in advance that you are coming. I would require a longer notice. I love to host but this is ridiculous.
    They dont know months in advance, but they know weeks in advance. They dont know their schedule once they get to the U.S. because they drive, and this trip was centered on hockey games around the country.

The ridiculous thing is that dH doesnt have Stephen’s phone number. But whateveah, it is DH’s problem other than I refuse to put up people when our house is filthy. I am becoming resigned ro having houseguests here when our dinng room is full of flower show crap. That is mess, not filth.

I HAtE the damned carpeting upstairs, our pets make it filthy. But I remind Dh he is making it hard on himself by insisting that we retain old, dirty carpeting. This is entirely in his realm of authority to change.

WE don't have any carpet in our house because of the dogs. I would never leave these types of decisions up to him. How my house looks is important to me so I take charge in that department. If I could not have 2 weeks notice I would not put them up.

I have often thought that living in a small apartment would solve the issue of unwanted or long term house guests. One bedroom and it is occupied!

I simply could not do what you have done OP, and it is time for a break and a change for you. It would be different if this young man was having problems beyond his control and needed temporary shelter, but that is not the case. Stay strong in your resolve.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Thread Information