Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Introversion or something else?

Goodness, please do not let him come back, and tell the BIL (his dad) that he cannot come back.

Great news! I would say a hell no to ever coming back)

Whew! What a shame that he doesn't have a clue about how to be a good guest. I'm happy you have your house back!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Wonder what he is telling his parents. It would be wise to develop a response - sort of about how you treated him as you would any member of the family, doing chores, cleaning his bedroom and bathroom, buying the food that he liked to eat and doing some chores. It may never come up but just in case....
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Wonder what he is telling his parents. It would be wise to develop a response - sort of about how you treated him as you would any member of the family, doing chores, cleaning his bedroom and bathroom, buying the food that he liked to eat and doing some chores. It may never come up but just in case....
    I'm pretty sure he's spinning a tale of woe to his parents and the parent's friends where he's at now. We're not worried about it. When I told dh last night that I was willing to be the bad guy if his family has an issue, he said that he doesn't care what they think. His brother told him that nephew is spoiled when they spoke the day of his arrival. So his dad is at least aware of the problem. I think mom is probably going to be upset because he's her baby and only boy. But dh said he will tell them that we treated him like the adult that he is. And if they have a problem, too bad. Dh's sister complained about nephew on her last visit and felt that he was taking advantage of his dad who has had some serious health issues, has a physical job at low pay, and has continued to subsidize nephew's lifestyle. So nephew's laziness and selfishness has been noticed by other members of the family.

If nephew does want to come back I don't think dh will be able to refuse, but we will make it clear that we are not babysitters. And we will insist on a clear exit date. But honestly I don't think that he will be around that long. I think he expected to be treated like he is at home and this has been a rude awakening. I suspect he will be heading home soon.

I think you can refuse. It's your house.

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    I think you can refuse. It's your house.
    I've been thinking about this. And you guys are right. Dh might not be able to refuse, but I can. And it's my house too. Thanks for the nudge.

Certainly! 😊

Yeah. I'd get a big, unfriendly dog and change the locks. He doesn't sound deserving of any more free accommodation from you.

I would have pegged it as severe social phobia (I had roommates I didn't talk to in my early 20s for awhile), but I guess not so much so ...

Although I will have to say his career plans never made any sense, unless you are hoping to be hired at a particular company as that's your goal in life, or it's your lifelong dream to live there, getting a job there makes absolutely no sense, you'll pull in 6 figures and live in someone's closet to make rent. No county for young(ish) men.
    Last edited by ApatheticNoMore; 9-8-17 at 12:01pm.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information