On the subject of guests, I've been wondering about something that's been bugging me.

In the past few months we've had three house guests who have wanted to use our wifi, printer, or computer for their own purposes. And each time, they have simply gone over to dh and my desk and proceeded to rustle around looking for what they needed and using the equipment or finding the info they needed without so much as a word to us even when we are sitting in the same room. A couple of times they have even moved our furniture so that they could plug in their own devices where they wanted. Then they left the furniture all askew after they were done. This seems really rude to me. A simple, "Do you mind if I use X?" or asking for what they were looking for would have been appreciated. It felt like a violation of our space. Am I being too picky?

One of these guests also proceeded to scatter his stuff all over the living room every morning making the whole sectional unavailable to anyone else. He left his stuff there all day (despite having a bedroom with plenty of storage and space) and I finally had to ask him to move it so I could sit down in the evening. This same person (and possibly his GF) will be staying with us in a week for a few days. He will be here for a job interview. In the past he has even brought along GF's kids without asking.

Can you tell I'm getting house guest fatigue?

How do I politely (or not so politely) establish some boundaries so that I don't feel overrun in my own home?

This past year we've had a ton of visitors (all of them dh's family and friends) and I'm kind of worn out. My house is not your free hotel, people!

I'm also a bit out of sorts because I talked to dh last night about me not wanting to allow nephew to come back and he said he doesn't think he can say that to his family. So if it does happen, I will have to decide if it's a battle worth fighting. Sucks.

ETA: I'm also worried that if the friend does get the job he and his GF will ask to stay with us until they find their own place. I would hate that. And I'm sure dh would say yes.