Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting incident at work

Interesting incident at work

I was working a bit late yesterday when there was an interesting incident with a warehouse worker.

The office is attached to our warehouse so warehouse employees coming and going all the time is nothing unusual. I was walking back from the copier to my desk when a 20ish guy from the warehouse decided it was a good idea to reach out when walking by me and pinchme in the boob. HARD. That was a very bad idea as I went ballistic. Slapped him in the face, then picked up a stapler and threw it, hitting him in the face when he came at me. All the while I'm yelling at the top of my lungs with much use of the F word. Basically, I flipped my lid.

The others in the office were in the nearby conference room for a meeting and came running out when they heard me yelling. The entire incident was on camera and I've got a heck of a bruise on my boob from being pinched.

Guy is Hispanic and at least pretends to not understand English. I asked him if he was legal. No response to that, but a mention of Trump got him very nervous looking and shaking. Idiot deserved it. He claimed I had attacked him, but the video proved him a liar.

He was a temp and supposedly one of the good ones. He was walked out immediately. Warehouse manager was yelling at him in Spanish. I had no chance to call police as he was walked out asap. I did call the cops later, and when HR provided the address they had for him from the temp agency, it wasn't correct. He'd never lived there, at least that's what the people there told the cops.

I didn't know the guy from Adam.

It was actually pretty funny watching me go bonkers on the guy on the video.

Good on you for defending your boundaries! Might be worth continuing to pressure the warehouse management to make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

Oh, believe me, there have been and will continue to be.

Good for you! I am amazed this guy tried it. Okay not much amazes me but really that is crazy. Sounds like your workplace immediately responded and took care of it. I agree with following up with the police, make sure he can't act this way anywhere else!

Williamsmith
    What he did is classified in Pennsylvania as Indecent Assault carrying a penalty of up to a $5000 fine and up to two years in prison. Even if you don't belong to a Union, the Labor Relations Board might assist you. If you do intend to follow up at all with the police department or your employer.....you ought to first get your hands on a copy of that video of the incident or short of that get some assurance from your employer in writing that it is being preserved or from the police department that they have a copy in evidence.

In addition, find out what the policy of the police department is for purging evidence in closed cases. And depending on your tolerance pressure the dectective/investigative police officer, district attorney and employer to pursue it. There has to be a paper trail on the subject and the two parties you are relying on to be forthright have it in their best interest to make documentation disappear. An attorney with a private investigator would be expensive but would up the stakes in your favor.

Wow! While I am sorry this happened to you, I am happynthat you fought that MF back! Way to go!

And, get the axxhole deported, he isnt fit for civilized society.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I say good on you for standing up for yourself and not accepting this harassment! Way to go! Rob

Hard to believe that would happen these days....and yet believable.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Guy is lucky I'm not allowed to carry at work, as he probably would have crapped his pants at the sight of me drawing my pistol!

Handing you a compliment - you have gained so much confidence and assertiveness over the years. Really good to see all the steps you have accomplished in your work setting as well as personal.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information