Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Torn Meniscus

I'm sorry you are having to wait so long...after waiting so long already!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Well, it's partly my fault for waiting so long to see a doctor in the first place! I just didn't want to make a mountain out of what I thought was a molehill, but after almost six months, it's been pretty clear that I did do something to my knee when I fell.

And just when I got out of debt from the broken toe of two summers ago, here we go again...

It's a lot better than it used to be - my kneecaps started randomly popping out of place when I was a teenager. Pre-arthroscopic surgery, I've got close to 2 feet of incision scars. And the healing time was a lot longer. But they haven't popped out of place since and I've had a pretty good life with them. I'd do it just because it's likely to get worse over time.

Quote Originally Posted by creaker View Post
    It's a lot better than it used to be - my kneecaps started randomly popping out of place when I was a teenager. Pre-arthroscopic surgery, I've got close to 2 feet of incision scars. And the healing time was a lot longer. But they haven't popped out of place since and I've had a pretty good life with them. I'd do it just because it's likely to get worse over time.
    That is true. A torn meniscus can tear up the bone surface cartilage doing a great deal of damage!