Thread: I don't like the cats

I don't like the cats

I am fabric painting pillow cases for the reading corner in my program. Super cute. And of course one of the cats steps on one while i walk 3 feet away. So i am going to sit and watch over them until i need to leave for a haircut. There is literally nowhere i can put them that the cats won't get into. If i close a door they scratch up the carpet, if i put things up high they knock it down or get up there, i have like 3 places in the apartment that are actually a little safe. Right now one pillow case is draped over the tv. I am either putting them all in cat carriers while i go out or taking the pillow cases with me.

Yeah i feel like a bad person, i am not dropping them at a shelter while my son is camping but i am also not happy

First, I have 4 cats. They are not intelligent little humans. If they are bothering the paint while it is drying, put the cats in the bathroom with their pan, food and water and they will be fine. They have less room in a shelter. You don't do things like paint on a horizontal surface, do jigsaw puzzles, try to bead while cats are in the room and never think of leaving those things out without supervision. If your daughter brings over the baby who will be a toddler, the apartment needs to be child proofed too.

You should feel like a bad person. Don't get pets or let your kid get pets if you are not committed. Not fair to take an adult cat to a shelter with little chance of adoption and forced to live in a cramped space while waiting. And never think of disposing of a pet while a child who knows the pet is gone. Cowardly and likely to damage the child. I remember the stories of the dog or cat getting taken out to the "farm". Learned my parents were not trustworthy people and that stayed with me for life.

I like cats. I don't always like cat behaviors. I like dogs but I don't always like dog behaviors. I have chosen to have both, therefore, I have chosen to adjust to their behaviors. I can't fault cats or dogs for behaving like cats and dogs but I can fault myself if I chose to have either or both in my home then not accept them for who/what they are. I quit cross stitching because my cat kept getting into the threads and making a tangled mess. I could have put my cat in a different room but my choice was to have my cat near me over the cross stitch. I kept my cat out of the kitchen when I was baking or preparing meals as I chose not to have cat hair in my food over having my cat near me. When I get a pet I commit to their well being and care 'until death do us part'.

I sometimes put things in the oven for temporary safekeeping. Just don't forget they're in there.

I did not give the cats to the shelter, i should have put a smiley of something.

This is reality of living in a small space, there really isnt any place to put them. I always kennel trained my dog, and kids can sometimes go to a sitter. But the only place i can put a cat where they can stay longer than 10 minutes without causing damage is a cat carrier. So i put the one who was currently causing damage in the carrier and went on my errands. She is fine. Maybe there isn't any way to train a cat in anything, my 6 month old couch is damaged of course. We have toys everywhere, 3 climbing structures, and they get to sleep or sit anywhere. My son is moving out in may and i will just have my older cat left who does not claw furniture, that is okay with me

Zoe girl is not a bad person. Her son is not a child. She didn't "let him" get the cat. She is a caring person who let the cat come live with her when it's human needed a place to stay.

Thread Information