Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Equifax leak?

Yppej
    My state attorney general's office sent me a form letter and referred to the FTC. They are the same as the Consumer Protection Financial Bureau for complaint purposes, but they do not assist individual consumers, only record complaints. I filed one but feel it was a waste of time. I will try the Better Business Bureau next.

Equifax finally sent me my PIN, but it is non-random and easily hacked. They are unresponsive on issuing me a new one, deleting my data, or reimbursing me for costs to freeze my report at Experian.

This week I saw on the news that there are also viruses on the Equifax website leading people who go there to have their data further compromised.

I am dreading filing taxes. How can you file early if you have to wait for forms to come in the mail? I guess we could all file online, look how secure the web is!

Williamsmith
    Well folks, today my wife received a letter from Equifax. Dated October, 13, 2017 entitle Notice of Data Breech. A brief history. When the original cyber security “incident” occurred September 7, 2017 (except we know it was actually July 29, 2017 but Equifax is still quoting the September date)....143 million fellow Americans had their data compromised. A check of the alleged database at Equifax informed me that my information was impacted but not my wife’s.

Now they are informing us that a forensic investigation has determined another 2.5 million additional consumers were impacted....including yes, my wife! This includes her SSN, DOB, addresses and drivers license info. Not to worry though as soon as they figure out if her credit card numbers were impacted they will let us know. And they assure her that the core consumer credit reporting databases have shown no evidence of unauthorized access.

Not to worry. Equifax.....the same people who let this happen.....are offering her a free year of trustedID Premier and they are in the process of developing a service for life.....or until the company declares bankruptcy....that will allow her to access her credit files, lock and unlock them for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Well folks, today my wife received a letter from Equifax. Dated October, 13, 2017 entitle Notice of Data Breech. A brief history. When the original cyber security “incident” occurred September 7, 2017 (except we know it was actually July 29, 2017 but Equifax is still quoting the September date)....143 million fellow Americans had their data compromised. A check of the alleged database at Equifax informed me that my information was impacted but not my wife’s.

Now they are informing us that a forensic investigation has determined another 2.5 million additional consumers were impacted....including yes, my wife! This includes her SSN, DOB, addresses and drivers license info. Not to worry though as soon as they figure out if her credit card numbers were impacted they will let us know. And they assure her that the core consumer credit reporting databases have shown no evidence of unauthorized access.

Not to worry. Equifax.....the same people who let this happen.....are offering her a free year of trustedID Premier and they are in the process of developing a service for life.....or until the company declares bankruptcy....that will allow her to access her credit files, lock and unlock them for life.

Yeah, got that too. Also, compromised twice by the fed government. You are not alone. sigh

Haven't seen anything from EquiLax. My records were affected; DW's were not.

As far as I'm concerned, they're the gang that can't shoot straight. I've not signed up for their credit watch and I have no intention of doing so. They strike me as incompetent enough to burn the tent down as they're trying to build the campfire.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yppej
    I don't know that it will do any good, but today I filed a complaint against Equifax with the Better Business Bureau out of Atlanta.

Been cleaning up computer files. I noticed I had downloaded a form to request my credit report from EquiLax -- from before the fit hit the shan. Three major credit-reporting agencies and the only site that gave me enough grief to not issue the report on-line was ... EquiLax.

Shoulda known then...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yppej
    30 days have passed with no response from Equifax to the Better Business Bureau on my complaint.

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    30 days have passed with no response from Equifax to the Better Business Bureau on my complaint.
    Crickets........

https://youtu.be/O5YpUsDsHmk

Recently had a small charge on the credit card I used when dealing with Equifax. Had to cancel card since other fraud charges/purchases were tried. Coincidence?

Yppej
    I emailed Senator Warren's office asking for assistance since I live in Massachusetts.

Thread Information