Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Equifax leak?

I am going to remember that phrase “torts cooking in ovens” for future use. I will not credit you, bae, but your words will live on, and that should be reward enough! Haha.

I do like a good turn of phrase.

One woman took a decidedly different approach. She sued equifax in small claims court and got a $600 decision in her favor. Imagine if even just a few thousand people took that approach e havoc it would cause equifax from a defense standpoint.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2018/06/...00/#more-44246

So are folks going for the cash compensation or the 10 years of credit monitoring?

My husband did not do anything and he got a check in the mail last week.

Yppej
    I thought no checks were going out until at least January?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I thought no checks were going out until at least January?
    So sorry! I made a mistake. Went and looked at check stub and it was from some other settlement, having to do with a student loan and a bank that handled it.

Went for the cash. I already have credit monitoring and the less I have to do with EquiLax the better I will feel.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I'm going for the cash. Since I froze all three credit bureaus there's nothing to monitor.

And the freeze actually works. I tried to sign up for a Southwest Airlines affiliated card because they were offering a stupid amount of miles and I got a letter a few days later informing me that they couldn't offer me a card because they were unable to access my credit report. I could have unfroze it, had them retry, and then refroze it, but I decided I didn't really need the card or the miles so I just let it go.

Yppej
    In case you were wondering about your Equifax payout, our whole country is run for the benefit of large banks and corporations.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...still-waiting/

As an aside, these same corporate interests/donors shut down Warren and got Biden the nomination. Many of them are registered in the state of Delaware and he has always looked out for them.

I ended up going for a report alert rather than a freeze.

Supposedly if someone tries to open a new account they will report that to me.

Thread Information