Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Peed in the Bed?

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    Well, we had a second pee incident and it was Max. Same place and no doubt about who it was as he was the only one in the house at the time. Dh felt wetness on him when he picked him up, which led us to investigate and discover the big wet spot smack in the middle of the bare mattress. We'd just brought it in from airing it outside.

I don't know if it's a response to Jenny being more aggressive lately and keeping him from his box, or if it's stress related to her aggression, or him responding to my stress about nephew and wanting to get his smell out. Or if it's marking behavior on his part.

This time he peed right on the bare mattress and I doubt we'll be able to get all of the smell out. And now we're worried that the peeing will continue.

I might have to rehome him. It's such a shame. He is the sweetest cat. It makes me very sad.

Any thoughts on how we can fix the problem?
    it is completely unrealistic to think you can rehome a peeing cat.

but first things first. You have made assumptions that this cat is inappropriately urinating due to emtional stress. You may be wrong. He needs a visit to the vet.

The past three episodes of our cats peeing in the wrong place were all about urinary infection.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 9-12-17 at 5:52am.

Geila
    I'm taking him to the vet today. Are urinary infections expensive to treat? Just wondering what I should be prepared for.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    I'm taking him to the vet today. Are urinary infections expensive to treat? Just wondering what I should be prepared for.
    My cats, females, took antibiotics and that knocked out the infection. But there are other issues, and with males a blockage is serious.

Geila
    Vet said there was no sign of blockage as his bladder was empty and there have been no signs of blood in his urine. He thinks the incidents were behavioral due to stress but he gave me some antibiotics for him just in case it's an infection. Since he's been living on the streets the antibiotics are probably a good idea regardless. He also suggested that his food might be causing issues if the problem continues. He aadvised I pick up some Feliway to calm him down, which I did. He did not think the issue was with the other cat, but rather with our recent visitor (and probably the stress the visitor was causing me).

Thread Information