Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I am "seriously" dating someone...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    She wants a long term relationship. She is a 32 year old woman. Every passing day for her makes it less and less likely that she will ever get married.
    Because women are all alike, interchangeable, and uniformly desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Because women are all alike, interchangeable, and uniformly desperate.
    All women? What the heck are you talking about?

That is basically what you said. That you can define her relationship goals (meet and marry asap) simply by knowing her age, gender, and nationality.

so I guess you said all American women are alike, interchangeable, and after a certain age, uniformly desperate.

Yppej
    What do you mean by serious? You've met her twice and say you don't feel a deep connection to her.

Geila
    I was thinking the same thing. To me serious means that you've been dating for a while (not less than a month) and have such a strong connection that you are both serious about your relationship and each other. It sounds to me like you're just simply dating.

But dude, why do you keep wasting your time with women you KNOW you won't be happy with? And it seems deceptive to the women as well. Do you share how much of their beliefs and lifestyle you find objectionable?

My thought is that you do it to avoid real intimacy with someone you could be close to.

By the way, fear of intimacy is a real thing. Many of us have it. It's scary to be vulnerable. But so lonely to be closed off. At some point you'll decide if it's worth it to risk real intimacy. Or not.

Stop wasting her time and let her go.

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by pony mom View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by pony mom View Post
    I dont know, if UL is upfront about NO KIDS, and if she isnt really very religious, and if she gives no fooks about his tightassed opinion on drinking alcohol, then--it might be ok for a while. It all depends on how well she knows herself and how important these conflicts are to her.

I wouldnt assume that a 32 year old Illinois woman cannot look oit for herself.

What are you prepared to give to any partner of your thoughts, feelings and actions,UL? Define what you will give and then what you want from a lifetime companion, demonstrate it in your life and then go looking.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    She is a 32 year old woman in the US. She would not be happy if I just "currently enjoyed spending time with her."
    For me, the long distance would be a deal breaker. There is no casual time spent together because each "date" lasts days.

That actually gives me the creeps, too much togetherness with strangers.

Thread Information