Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57

Thread: I am "seriously" dating someone...

  1. #21
    Senior Member JaneV2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    She wants a long term relationship. She is a 32 year old woman. Every passing day for her makes it less and less likely that she will ever get married.
    Because women are all alike, interchangeable, and uniformly desperate.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Ultralight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    7,126
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Because women are all alike, interchangeable, and uniformly desperate.
    All women? What the heck are you talking about?
    I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand." -- Rodney Dangerfield

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,609
    That is basically what you said. That you can define her relationship goals (meet and marry asap) simply by knowing her age, gender, and nationality.

    so I guess you said all American women are alike, interchangeable, and after a certain age, uniformly desperate.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,004
    What do you mean by serious? You've met her twice and say you don't feel a deep connection to her.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Geila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,013
    I was thinking the same thing. To me serious means that you've been dating for a while (not less than a month) and have such a strong connection that you are both serious about your relationship and each other. It sounds to me like you're just simply dating.

    But dude, why do you keep wasting your time with women you KNOW you won't be happy with? And it seems deceptive to the women as well. Do you share how much of their beliefs and lifestyle you find objectionable?

    My thought is that you do it to avoid real intimacy with someone you could be close to.

    By the way, fear of intimacy is a real thing. Many of us have it. It's scary to be vulnerable. But so lonely to be closed off. At some point you'll decide if it's worth it to risk real intimacy. Or not.

  6. #26
    Senior Member pony mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NW NJ
    Posts
    1,130
    Stop wasting her time and let her go.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Geila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,013
    Quote Originally Posted by pony mom View Post
    Stop wasting her time and let her go.
    +1

  8. #28
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10,990
    Quote Originally Posted by pony mom View Post
    Stop wasting her time and let her go.
    I dont know, if UL is upfront about NO KIDS, and if she isnt really very religious, and if she gives no fooks about his tightassed opinion on drinking alcohol, then--it might be ok for a while. It all depends on how well she knows herself and how important these conflicts are to her.

    I wouldnt assume that a 32 year old Illinois woman cannot look oit for herself.

  9. #29
    Senior Member razz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,258
    What are you prepared to give to any partner of your thoughts, feelings and actions,UL? Define what you will give and then what you want from a lifetime companion, demonstrate it in your life and then go looking.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

  10. #30
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    She is a 32 year old woman in the US. She would not be happy if I just "currently enjoyed spending time with her."
    For me, the long distance would be a deal breaker. There is no casual time spent together because each "date" lasts days.

    That actually gives me the creeps, too much togetherness with strangers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •