Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Body stuck! Perimenopause

Body stuck! Perimenopause

Arvh, well this isn't as hard as many have it but i am frustrated again. I worked all summer on sugar intake and weight, i say i lost 10 lbs, it actually fluctuates 8 to 9. And today i feel chubby again. I relaxed my eating a little, had fast food taco bell yesterday which isn't as bad as some. Had a slightly sweet chai latte too for my 12 hour day. And nothing is budging again. I am trying to get motivated for another big push to get below 150 (stuck at 151).

Meanwhile i am getting a period every 2 weeks. I am tracking that with my weight. I wake up every night in the middle of the night but that has been 3 years so i am getting used to it. I think that amount of sleep also affects weight. I don't know what to say about exercise, i walk quickly and almost constantly between 3:30 and 6 daily. Still doesn't seem to have the same impact as specifically walking or running for exercise.

Okay going to park to walk, and sigh, lol, the middle aged woman thing

We find that the salt content of all processed and restaurant food affects our immediate weight more than anything else. That TacoBell had a huge amount of salt (even if you could not taste it) and needs to be processed and eliminated by your body. If we go out to eat, it is almost always a 1-2 pound increase that goes away over the next few days. Up your water and stay away from the lattes.

We got a bunch of slightly flavored water (nonsparkling) at a good price from Kroger and our local superstore. It is great and tastes like a treat rather than plain tap water.

And yes, it is hard being an older woman.

Yppej
    I lost some but am now stuck in place also. And at work they want to start up dessert Fridays next month where everyone brings in something.

Oh yeah, my new boss brings lovely treats to meetings but i can't eat them
    Yeah today i bled through pants and had to do the sweater thjng, having periods every 2 weeks now which means a couple bloaty days each time

Zoe girl, I just gave up and bought adult diapers.

CL i am not quite there yet, but putting extra b!ack pants and underwear at work, and do the diapers work? I need to just use overnight pads all the time now

How long has this gone on for you?

I'm realizing how lucky I was. Things just faded away becoming less frequent and lighter until they totally disappeared. I'm in full menopause now and I have almost no symptoms and I almost never did have any. Just got a little hot a few times a day.

I little over a year. The diapers get me through the whole school day unless it is the first day, then I change at lunch to be sure. I am still fairly regular, it's just that the amount of flow that used to be eight days or so is now two with a week of light spotting.

Yeah! Just broke the 150 barrier, seems my body got stuck there. I even had a few cookies and sweetened hot tea. I will be considered overweight until i get to 140 but i would be happy at 145 honestly. So goodwill trip today! I get a few new things every 5 lbs or one month, i am almost at 4 months of this

menopause was a nightmare for me. I did not want a hysterectomy so went through sometimes months of heavy bleeding. I was at the doctor many times and had a D & C, etc. I ended up gaining weight and have lost some of it 3 years ago. I had hotflashes for years. I really feel for you.

Thread Information