Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bernie Sanders/Single Payer Plan

Williamsmith
    It is simple really. The ones with the most influence make the rules. The ones that make the rules have really good health care now. The ones with really good healthcare now aren't going to allow that to change by adopting a universal healthcare approach because it will compromise the quality of their own healthcare. That is the way it will be until the ones with the most influence are the ones with crappy healthcare. Time will bring that about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    There aren't? Then how do all the other 30+ nations do it?
    Does Canada have more bae types? Sweden? Australia?

Cut the crap here. You know this is not about money. It is about will and ideology. Just own up to this. We'll have a more mature debate this way.
    For one thing, The "It" they are doing is not, in most cses, the "it" or health care that our citizens think they deserve. It is a lsser product.

For me it would be fine. For many many Americans, no--they deserve higher care, or so they thnk. That is why bae hets to pay for it.

And of course it is a out mmey. For gods sake, the last thing we need is another huge program to add to deficit spending. If you all balance the budget, I might be ok with single payer even if bae pays a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think the entire enterprise is based upon the principle of 'take it from bae', while the reality is there aren't enough bae's around to seal the deal.
    I left California nearly 20 years ago, because they were already taking too much from me. Took all my capital too.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    For one thing, The "It" they are doing is not, in most cses, the "it" or health care that our citizens think they deserve. It is a lsser product.

For me it would be fine.
    I don't need the full-meal-deal US-level healthcare setup.

I'd be fine with Canadian or Icelandic or Norwegian or Finnish healthcare. UK health care, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    If you all balance the budget, I might be ok with single payer even if bae pays a lot more.
    bae changed his lifestyle and investment strategy decades ago, so that bae has very little actual income.

This was mostly so that Alan could pay for bae's healthcare. We got another free ride this year, just like last year. Thanks Alan!

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    more and more people are offshoring their health care and going forward, more and more of us are not going to have any other realistic option but to offshore
    This year my employer introduced an international prescription plan so people can get their meds from Canada.

Lots of panties in a bunch on this thread!

Gotta be careful with that, it can lead to trouble. If so, I recommend Clotrimazole cream, it's over-the-counter now.

Is that an example of "mature debate"?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Gotta be careful with that, it can lead to trouble. If so, I recommend Clotrimazole cream, it's over-the-counter now.

Thread Information